Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Senior Manager, Project Management, Enterprise Data Strategy PMO
Capital One is looking for a seasoned thought leader to Governance and Support for Enterprise Data Program Office (DPO). We are looking for someone who is not only a talented leader, but who also is a strong strategic thinker and problem solver.
As a Senior Manager of Data Program Office you will directly and through their organization, will partner with Enterprise Data, Lines of business and other divisions to drive efficiency for the execution of Enterprise Data Imperatives that impacts all Capital One Divisions.
You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You will take on important and exciting responsibility from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company. You will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements. Primary Responsibilities includes:
- Leading moderate to large complex projects and programs by providing strategic direction to projects, peers, and cross functional team
- Work in a matrix environment as an Independent Contributor and may eventually lead a team of project managers
- Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project / program efforts
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Ability to simplify the complex problem and drive well-educated decisions across product, tech and design representatives.
- Review, understand and consolidate enterprise-wide data imperative scope and data priorities
- Identify dependencies and work with product & tech partners to develop near vs. long term targets
- Engage imperative leads to outline workstream specific scope (e.g., inventory of data sets and streams, number of applications etc., exclusions / exceptions), tracking mechanisms; identify producers and consumers (e.g., Data teams, Tech LOBs); consolidate baseline metrics as applicable
- Create executive level reporting for governance forums (S3/S4/EDC etc)
- Define various key metrics related to process, programs and products that need to be tracked to be communicated to stakeholders, analyzing data using Excel, Google sheets and creating reports, charts and dashboard
- Work with product owners and Divisional POCs to identify SOR to build centralized reporting on metrics and track progress
- Creating/contributing to data visualization tools that shares important trends and patterns in Data Imperatives ;
- Identify the data needed to provide enterprise-level visibility into the imperative health, opportunities, and risks
- Creates and maintains DPO Governance Metrics - Track progress and escalate as needed
- Documentation of best practices and data mapping process leveraged to build manual and automated reports
- Display a passion for coaching and developing a team of associates through their leadership style
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 8 Years of Project Management experience
- PMP Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Masters Degree
- 9+ years of Project Management experience
- 3+ years of People Management experience
- 3+ years of Technology Risk Management Execution experience
- Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $172,900 - $197,300 for Sr Manager, Project Management
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).