DutiesWhat to Expect
- Assist customers in challenging scenarios by using an ¿I can do that¿ mindset, to make all attempts for a positive customer experience and outcomes, before asking for support from the next level mentor or supervisor.
- Be a brand and customer program ambassadors for all Marine Corps and MCX programs, including but not limited to, Military Star, Super Star Student, customer satisfaction surveys and Keep it New.
- Perform any position throughout the facility, based on the needs of the business including but not limited to, cashier or self-checkout attendant, customer service, salesfloor / department support, stockroom / backroom, and military clothing. In addition to working indoors, associates may be required to work outdoors or inside coolers and/or chillers. Limited time durations and proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided when working inside coolers and/or chillers. Sales associates who are regularly scheduled in areas are expected to learn basic product knowledge to support customer satisfaction and service.
- Perform store operations tasks such as but not limited to, customer and register transactions, Planogram revisions and setups, identifying missing products, replenish sales floor and coolers, setting promotional signage, visual merchandising, maintaining backroom standards through the 5S program and other operational tasks.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks such as but not limited to, sweeping, dusting and trash removal may be part of daily assigned duties. Sales associates are supported by the Specialist role with mentoring, guidance, and training. Sales associates are expected to work with, learn from and request guidance from Specialists in addition to their supervisors.
- Utilize and complete tasks with basic retail equipment including, but not limited to, cash registers, time clocks, RF scanners, mobile printers, handheld equipment (i.e., Price labeling units, box cutters), signage equipment and basic fixture equipment such as, but not limited to peg hooks, shelves, and mobile stocking carts (5S Program). Assists in preparing and participates in year-end inventory and preparation. Identifies and communicates potential risk of loss and/or theft.
- Articulates MCX value stories and engages with all team members through positive conversations and driving customer satisfaction in a teams win environment. Adheres to safety regulations and standards. Adheres to established standards of the EEO program and prevention of sexual harassment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This is a mixed position where the associate must be able to lift and carry objects up to 45 lbs. independently and objects over 45 lbs. with assistance.RequirementsConditions of Employment
- See Duties and Qualifications
EVALUATIONS: Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (everything above plus):
- Experience displaying excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs.
- Possesses strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Capable of balancing multiple tasks at one time.
- Possesses strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks.
- Attention to detail is required.
Additional informationGENERAL INFORMATION:
- Experience working in a customer and sales-focused environment is preferred.
- Cash handling, basic math and register experience strongly preferred.
Applicants are assured of equal consideration regardless of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, GINA, political affiliation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, marital status, physical handicap which has no bearing on the ability to perform the duties of the position. This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
It is Department of Navy (DON) policy to provide a workplace free of discrimination and retaliation. The DON No Fear Act policy link is provided for your review: https://www.donhr.navy.mil/NoFearAct.asp.
As part of the employment process, Human Resources Division may obtain a Criminal Record Check and/or an Investigative Consumer Report. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI). For all positions requiring access to firearms or ammunition, the Federal Government is prohibited from employing individuals in these positions who have ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, or a felony crime of domestic violence adjudged on or after 27 November 2002. Selectees for such positions must submit a completed DD Form 2760, Qualification to Possess Firearms or Ammunition, before a final job offer can be made.
Direct Deposit of total NET pay is mandatory as a condition of employment for all appointments to positions within MCCS.Required Documents:
*Education/certification certificate(s), if applicable.
*If prior military, DD214 Member Copy
This activity is a Drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace, and Marines, sailors, and their family members have a right to a reliable and productive Federal workforce.
Involuntarily separated members of the armed forces and eligible family members applying through the Transition Assistance Program must submit a written request/statement (may be obtained from the MCCS Human Resources Office) and present ID card with "TA" stamped in red on front of card.INDIVIDUALS SELECTED FROM THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE CHANGED TO PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME AT MANAGEMENT'S DISCRETION WITHOUT FURTHER COMPETITION.ALL ONLINE APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1159PM EASTERN TIME (ET) ON THE CLOSING DATE LISTED IN THE JOB POSTING.