RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Serve as subject matter expert and primary liaison.
- Oversees large complex financial programs, including preparing necessary financial reports and statements for the program.
- Ensures accounting operations are in accordance with accepted accounting principles and in conformance with all requirements.
- Maintains effective internal controls to ensure financial and program data, processes, and reports comply with appropriate accounting standards and applicable laws.
- Evaluates accounting systems functions and assist in determining and implementing modifications as necessary to program requirements.
- Monitors and evaluates staff's progress in meeting established milestones and deadlines for the completion of assignments, projects, and tasks.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Complete the initial online assessment and USAHire Assessment, if required
- This position is eligible for inclusion in the bargaining unit.
- if the duty station is finalized outside of the Washington, DC metropolitan area, this position will not be represented by a bargaining unit. (BU Code - 7777)
- if the duty station is finalized in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, employees in this position will be represented by the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) Local 32. (BU Code - 2286)
For the GS13: You must have at least one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-12 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors) which required you to perform the following duties:
Merit promotion applicants must meet time-in-grade requirements as defined in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
- Analyzing financial data to develop work plans;
- Recommending and implementing changes to financial management processes; AND
- Interpreting financial trends, statistics, and metrics. (Note: your resume must fully support this response otherwise you will not be rated qualified.)
One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS 13 level.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
Relocation expenses will not be paid. Current OPM employees may qualify as an exception.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional similar vacancies across OPM.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency-Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency-Based Assessments if you received the link after the close of the announcement. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Reasonable_Accommodations_for_USA_Hire