As an Antennas and Propagation Engineer within CIA's Directorate of Science and Technology (DS&T), you will apply your engineering or scientific expertise as an integral member of a technical team of innovative, expert problem solvers who deliver new solutions in support of CIA's mission to collect foreign intelligence.
DS&T Antennas and Propagation Engineers combine specialized radio frequency (RF) propagation modeling, antenna design, fabrication, and measurement expertise to tackle tough intelligence challenges through unique and tailored engineering solutions.RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further requirements information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/requirements/
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Broad technical understanding of the electrical and/or computer engineering fields
- Ability to learn new skills in pace with technological advances
- Adapting to fast paced, dynamic requirement environments
- Interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Creative analytic and problem-solving
- Strong team and independent work ethic
- Systems engineering experience
- Knowledge or experience in the following functional disciplines:
- Systems engineering
- Prototype design and fabrication
- Radio-frequency propagation
- Antenna design
- Electromagnetic simulation
- Computational electromagnetics
- Familiarity with the following engineering tools and software:
- Logic and spectrum analyzers
- Ansys HFSS
- CST Studio Suite
- Ray Trace
- Near and Far Field Antenna Chambers
- Advanced degree, professional certification, or comparable work experience in:
- Electrical engineering
- RF communications and waveform design
- Electrical Engineering
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale