The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 650 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
Incumbent is responsible for managing and directing the activities associated with relevant aspects of the infrastructure supporting systems and services of the CAO. Incumbent will support the House storage and data protection systems and House server infrastructure, and other elements associated with IT infrastructure. Activities include system architecture, configuration, administration, performance monitoring, disaster recovery, documentation, customer interface and reporting. Performs all Directorate administrative activities including staff meetings, reporting, strategic planning, and project documentation. Provides the vision and direction to meet business and strategic goals to include business continuity/disaster recovery objectives. Responsible for formulation and execution of the Directorate budget. Supervises assigned staff and contractors at both the House campus and alternate campus locations. This position requires 24x7 on-call support. This position requires some travel, and has supervisory/managerial and program management responsibilities.Primary Duties/Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include managing the House Storage and Data Protection and Server Infrastructure systems design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance for information systems projects within HIR; sharing responsibility with the other HIR Groups for directing comprehensive, nationwide systems engineering programs to modernize and maintain information systems in the House; leading change through the development and implementation of organizational vision that integrates with the strategic plans of the CAO and the House; providing leadership and direction to assigned managers, reviewing and evaluating performance of subordinates, and preparing performance reports; and planning and managing short- and long-range budget activities. Performs other official duties as assigned.RequirementsConditions of Employment
QualificationsExperience and/or Education Requirements
- USAJobs Conditions of Employment
• Minimum 20 years of relevant Information Technology experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science/Information Management Systems, or equivalent senior level technical experience.
• Experience with the systems development life cycle, and program and project management.
• Experience performing as a technical leader on information technology projects.Security Requirements
• Must successfully complete a criminal history records check.
• Employee may be subject to drug testing in accordance with the CAO Drug Free Workplace Plan.
• Must be able to secure and maintain Federal Government security clearances as deemed appropriate by senior management.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check (or other applicable security clearance) and a pre-employment drug-test (pre-identified position only).