MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance or related field.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's Degree, a high school diploma and four (4) years of administrative and office management experience.
Certification/LicensurePreferred Medical Group:
- Seven (7) years of increasingly responsible administrative and office management experience to include: analysis of administrative procedure and two (2) years of supervisory responsibility of an administrative services function
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations. Mission Essential Designation:
In accordance with the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority's Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) this job has been identified as critical to mission essential functions. Incumbents in this role may be required to report to or continue to work in the event of authorized office closings or service suspensions due to severe weather, natural disaster, fire, operational emergencies or related events. SUMMARY
The Manager Administrative Services is responsible for directing and coordinating all administrative support activities within a large department or division to ensure that administrative staff, departmental equipment, supplies and resources are used in an effective and efficient manner. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manages clerical and administrative staff and directs the day-to-day operations of a variety of administrative activities to ensure the department's needs are met.
- Coordinates and administers the collection and delivery of the department's budget information in accordance with the Office of Management & Budget Services (OMBS) requirements. Maintains accurate budgetary records for reporting and forecasting purposes.
- Analyses departmental processes and recommends and implements procedural changes or new procedures to improve administrative operations and more effectively utilize department resources.
- Coordinates the execution of departmental personnel actions and administers other departmental human resource activities to include but not limited to: facilitating mandatory staff training, coordinating the performance review process, monitoring and reporting employee absenteeism, and position control number (PCN) administration.
- In cooperation with the appropriate departments, vendors or staff, coordinates and supervises the allocation of facility office space, cubicle assignments and interior build-outs; the acquisition, storage and distribution of office supplies and the purchase, maintenance and repair of office equipment and technology.
- Acts as the department liaison with internal and external stakeholders on various administrative and research assignments.
- Trains department managers and staff on departmental and relevant organizational procedures to ensure efficiency in meeting organizational needs.
- Coordinates the department recruitment process, participates in and advises interview panels to insure adherence to proper human resource procedures and policies.
- Leads the organization and planning of special departmental events.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.Evaluation Criteria:
- Assists in the administration of non-revenue fleet operations.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.