Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Shall utilize expertise in identifying gang and criminal threats, new and emerging threats, and the ability to concisely articulate those findings in formal work products and reports.
- Shall have a strong working knowledge of the Area of Responsibility (AOR) in which assigned, to include the task force partners of the CDCR, FBI, BOP, LVMPD and ADOC as well as the greater intelligence community (IC).
- Adapt to the continually changing intelligence needs and priorities of the FBI and its partners and the law enforcement (LE) community.
- Shall bring and utilize law enforcement contacts and is a demonstrated expert regarding prison gangs, corrections, intelligence collection, and/or LE investigations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Sociology or related field is highly desired but not required if equivalent work experience, for an additional minimum 8 years of specialized experience, has been established
- 6 years of general experience of which 4 years must be specialized years of direct experience working gangs, criminal enterprises.
- If no bachelor's degree, total years of experience shall be 14 years, inclusive of 12 years specialized experience at a minimum
- Investigative/analytical intelligence experience related to security threat groups (STG) within correctional institutions and its operations, protocols, and structure, to include inmate STG identification, investigation, and handling.
- Familiarity with California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)/Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) administration operating procedures and policies, highly desirable and critical
- Experience with a wide variety of information systems, to include federal, state and local law enforcement and intelligence databases, commercial software and public source systems; Familiarity with CDCR databases, highly desirable and critical.
- Experience handling sensitive intelligence within the intelligence community (IC), to include IC product production, handling, and dissemination.
- Experience in synthesizing vast amounts of data to derive meaningful actionable or informative intelligence products to the IC, to include strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in identifying emerging threats or trends related to gangs operating inside and outside of prisons and their effect on communities.
- Experience in working with multiple agencies in a task force environment while using intelligence to identify subjects, associates, methods of operations, communications, and de-confliction of investigative or analytical efforts
- Experience in interagency liaison and working in a task force environment
- Strong presentation skills, to include producing written reports, providing oral briefings, and developing support materials such as charts, PowerPoint presentations, and other handouts/pamphlets.
- Successfully working in a constantly changing environment and adapting to the shift of work priorities and direction.
- Eligibility for Top Secret Clearance (Active Top Secret clearance preferred)
We are seeking a Corrections Intelligence Subject Matter Expert to join our team supporting the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Sacramento, CA / Los Angeles, CA / San Francisco, CA / Las Vegas (NV) / Phoenix, AZ
- Type of environment: Varies
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- The contractor is expected to work thirty hours per week though there may be instances where availability is necessary outside of normal business hours for operations and/or emergencies
- Amount of Travel: As Needed Basis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Top Secret Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.