DutiesAs a Management and Program Analyst, you will:
- Provide data management technical assistance to Headquarters, Federal Lands, and/or Division office staff to ensure that decision‐making is informed, and data driven.
- Assist leadership in developing and deploying performance measures to monitor program‐wide accomplishments, improve quality and efficiency, add value, that support accomplishment of the agency's strategic goals and objectives.
- Develop tools for mining information systems that support defining, developing, and deploying processes for conducting process and program reviews to ensure effective stewardship and oversight, and accountability for the delivery of FHWA's various programs.
- Provide analytical support for non‐routine management studies and fact‐finding reviews.
The ideal candidate
will have a solid working knowledge of the Foundations for Evidence‐Based Policymaking Act of 2018, including creating or enhancing tools to provide data‐driven, factual insights into a federal agency's policies, programs, and initiatives.RequirementsConditions of Employment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- You must be a U.S.Citizen and eligible for consideration.
- You must meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: You will be required to complete a background/security investigation and meet preliminary requirements prior to onboarding.
- TIME-IN-GRADE: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions contained in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: Current Federal employees and non-competitive selectees may need to complete a probationary period (unless already completed).
- PCS/RELOCATION/RECRUITMENT: Permanent Change of Station (PCS), Relocation, and Recruitment Incentive authorization varies by position/selection and a service agreement may be required.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: This position involves travel. A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
- TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: This position is approved for occasional telework. The number of telework days approved is determined by the agency policy, emergency situations, the approval of your immediate supervisor, and if applicable, approval of additional officials. You are required to report to the office on a regular basis since this is not a full-time telework position, or approved as a remote work position.
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
For the GS-13:
You must have at least one year of experience, equal or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level,
- Experience in applying key policies and regulations such as the Government Performance and Results Modernization Act of 2010 or OMB Circular A-11, Part 2, "Preparation and Submission of Strategic Plans, Annual Performance Plans, and Annual Program Performance Reports," OMB Circular A-123 "Management's Responsibility for Internal Controls," or the "Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act of 2018," or other pertinent Federal regulations related to a Federal Agency's organizational and performance management; AND
- Experience using various data management tools, such as Excel, Access, PowerBI, Tableau, etc., to analyze and to derive innovative findings from multiple data sources and then effectively communicating complex concepts to foster that understanding for enhanced decision-making for multiple customers and stakeholders.
For the GS-14:
You must have at least one year of experience, equal or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level,
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Experience in applying a wide range of quantitative and qualitative analytical and evaluative methodologies to address complex issues for the improvement and effectiveness of data, organizational and performance management; AND
- independently developing and managing projects/programs or leading teams in analyzing data to innovate, resolve program issues, and/or address audit finding.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Technical Credibility ‐ Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
- Compliance ‐ Knowledge of procedures for assessing, evaluating, and monitoring programs or projects for compliance with Federal laws, regulations, and guidance.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Written Communication - Writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience.
For all types of consideration, experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.All applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.EducationAdditional informationThis announcement may be used to fill additional positions if similar vacancies occur within 90 days of the issue date of the referral certificate.