Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Business Analyst - Liquidity, Market, and Capital Risk OversightSummary:
The Liquidity, Market, and Capital Risk Oversight (LMCRO) team at Capital One is seeking a motivated candidate for a Senior Business Analyst position. LMCRO is a second line of defense function responsible for oversight of the company's liquidity, market, capital measurement and management. The capital aspect of our oversight responsibilities covers internal capital requirements, stress testing, regulatory requirements (Basel), credit losses, as well as governance and controls related to those processes.
In this Senior Business Analyst role, you will review and challenge the design of scenarios used in regulatory (CCAR) and internal stress testing and in credit loss forecasts that inform the Company's quarterly allowance for credit losses. You will also participate in the independent review and effective challenge of determinations of internal capital requirements and required rates of return for the Company as whole, the lines of business, and new transactions and risk activities.
The successful candidate will have a good blend of strategic and analytical capabilities, communications skills, and intellectual curiosity. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to work in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.General Responsibilities:
- Contribute to challenges of capital measurement and management processes, including methodologies, assumptions/inputs, results, and business decisions
- Support problem solving and decision-making by applying quantitative analytic skills, e.g.: collect data from internal and/or external sources with queries or other techniques; summarize and transform data; input data into models or other processes or systems; verify outputs; and analyze and communicate results
- Help to prepare and, at times, present, challenge materials, documentation, and presentations for senior management, the Board of Directors, regulators, and auditors
- Partner with other internal teams that perform independent review and effective challenge to ensure that a consistent, high standard is maintained
- Develop an understanding of industry best practices, trends, and supervisory guidance with respect to capital measurement and management
- Perform your work while reflecting the Company's expected competency behaviors, such as results focus, teamwork, good judgment, and customer focus
- Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 2+ years of experience in financial analysis
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).