Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Credit College Programs Learning Designer
As one of Capital One's flagship learning portfolios, Credit College fuels our business through practical and immersive credit learning experiences. The target audience for Credit College is business and credit analysts at various levels who are seeking to develop their credit and judgment skills as well as adjacent job families looking to better navigate Capital One's credit culture. Our dedicated team works with a group of highly engaged partners to envision and deliver the future of Credit training at Capital One. This role will partner closely with the team lead, program leads, credit leaders and other stakeholders to develop and implement engaging learning assets for several signature Credit College learning programs. This individual will analyze learning needs, design and develop curriculum, and measure and report on learning effectiveness.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Understands how people learn and has well-tested ideas on how to help them learn more effectively
- Demonstrates an ability to learn new subject matter quickly
- Curious and interested in learning more about our core subject matter: How Capital One makes and manages risks in lending decisions
- Has experience designing and developing learning assets that achieve higher-level learning objectives (application, analysis, evaluation)
- Has experience developing immersive classroom learning experiences, with a particular focus on case-based and Socratic-style learning
- Communicates with a variety of audiences with a dynamic and conversational style in both written and verbal channels
- Has an eye for detail and a keen ability to organize, move, select, synthesize, summarize and edit information to make it effective
- Builds trust-based relationships with clients to foster credibility throughout the team
- Pursues ongoing professional development by curating best practices for learning and leveraging learning theory like Bloom, Masie, and Gagne
- Partner with business leaders to design and develop learning assets for two differential investment programs for credit analysts, Advanced Credit College and Graduate Credit College
- Build out our case library, with assets designed in both classroom and eLearning format, to enable us to capture critical business lessons learned and scale learning to a broader audience
- Leverage learning technologies (Articulate 360, Camtasia, Adobe suite) to develop asynchronous learning assets for case library
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and learners to enable identification and creation of relevant content for the end-learner
- Increase the effectiveness of existing learning solutions by evaluating feedback and implementing improvements to create an optimal learning experience
- Partner with program managers on project timeline goals, establishing an early focus on the implementation needs to ensure effective delivery
- Set and achieve challenging individual goals that support department and business goals
- Assume personal responsibility for projects and follow-through to completion with minimal need for direct supervision
We recognize that many life paths can contribute to interest in this role. We value all experience, whether gained in a classroom or through other paths, and invite everyone who meets the below requirements to apply for this role.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 3 years of experience formulating learning experiences or programs for various audiences
- 4+ years of experience in training design and development
- 1+ years of experience with learning content development tools, (Articulate 360, Adobe Design Suite, and Camtasia)
- 1+ years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and video editing software)
- 1+ years of experience working in the Financial Services industry
- Project Management Professional Certification or knowledge of Agile methodology
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).