NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Vice President, Structured Products Sales
At Capital One, we are a Top 10 U.S. Bank, with the strength and stability to meet the needs of any business. Our Commercial Banking group services a $95 billion loan portfolio and more than 6,100 clients. Our Commercial Bank is growing at a dynamic pace and offers a broad array of products and services, including but not limited to: Financing (Commercial Lending, Loan Syndications), Capital Markets (Interest Rate Derivatives, Commodity Derivatives, Foreign Exchange, Structured Products, DCM/ECM, Institutional Sales & Trading, Equity Research, and Mergers & Acquisitions), Treasury Management, and Wealth & Asset Management. Our services and specialties run the gamut - from Commercial Real Estate to Financial Institutions Group (FIG) to Healthcare to Energy and TMT. Summary:
Our Capital Markets (CM) team is looking for a Vice President, Structured Products Sales. This role will primarily report to the Head of Structured Products Distribution and will also support the ABS Secondary Trading desk. The role will be a member of the Structured Products team focused primarily on the ABS & middle market CLO ("MM CLO") sectors. The Structured Products group primarily works with clients in the Financial Institutions Group ("FIG") to structure, arrange and distribute bonds to the institutional investor community. The FIG client set operates across a broad range of asset classes in the ABS consumer sector, ABS commercial sector & MM CLO sector. This individual will take an active role in covering institutional investors for the following product areas - ABS, MM CLO, and Capital One's ABS issuance activities across both credit cards (COMET program) and the auto business (COPAR program). In addition, this individual will support the overall distribution team and secondary ABS trader. General Responsibilities:
- Account coverage related to ABS / MM CLO deals, which will facilitate the team winning ABS / MM CLO mandates.
- Support distribution team and secondary trading.
- Develop and execute account planning, product knowledge, consultative positioning, and resources to lead to product sales.
- Direct work with Structured Products syndicate, bankers & relationship managers in pitching existing / potential ABS & MM CLO clients covered.
- Provide distribution guidance for CUSIP and non-CUSIP (i.e., loan format) transactions across a broad set of asset classes.
- Provide R&D efforts as the group looks to expand into new products and asset classes such as CRE CLO's / RMBS and other structured products.
- Build and execute successful relationships and interactions with partner groups such as Operations, Credit / Counterparty / Market Risk, Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit & Legal.
- Engage in special projects to support new business generation.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of ABS or MM CLO distribution or banking experience.
- MBA or Graduate level degree from an accredited academic institution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and proficiency in multi-tasking
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external partners at all levels
- Effective communication skills to partner and market the ABS/MM CLO product to internal and external constituencies
- Strong interest in client contact, given significant interactions with corporate management teams, other broker dealers as well as members of the general investor community
- Proven track record of developing and commercializing client relationships
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site):
$215,000 - $265,000 for Vice President, Structured Products Sales Trading
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter. This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).