11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
Client Acquisition & Onboarding Design Director
What we're looking for:
We're seeking an established and dynamic Experience Design leader focused on strategic product vision, design talent growth, and coordinating teams to execute for impact at scale across the Commercial Bank's Client Acquisition & Onboarding team.
You will work in close partnership with leaders in Design, Product, and Tech to solve extremely challenging problems, achieve scalable results, and deliver innovative, experience-led product strategies.
As a leader in the Commercial design team, you will inspire and empower a high-performing and innovative group of service and UX/UI designers in defining and delivering compelling, end-to-end product experiences that simplify the complex across platforms and customer types.
You'll clear the path for great design with a seat on the cross-functional product, tech and design leadership team, with whom you'll build the vision for our core experiences. And you'll work side by side with some of the most committed designers in the world, who bring inspiration, heart, critique, and camaraderie to work every day, and are committed to Change Banking for Good.
This job's right for you if you're good at - and passionate about - these things:
- You're an experienced design leader and a go-to connector, collaborator, and partner. You will be the go-to partner in Design for Product, Tech, and Business leaders. You'll drive and participate in forming and reforming strategy, product vision, and execution plans. You can effectively bring your partners to one table to foster the growth and impact of our products, and negotiate the best outcomes for our customers, associates, and business.
- You're skilled at defining a portfolio of work and prioritizing design efforts and investments within. You will consult on and align with the needs of your partners in defining portfolio plans, and spot opportunities with peers to seek out and shape integrated experiences that connect more parts of our customers' and associates' needs and business strategies. You'll assess the skills and development areas of the designers on your team to align them to the right opportunities to deliver key results and encourage their growth.
- You're a systems thinker and orchestrator. You can effectively connect the dots between product experiences in the ecosystem. You'll collaborate with cross-functional leaders to orchestrate across the ecosystem.
- You're a passionate advocate for great experiences. You're an engaging communicator, facilitator, and storyteller who can sell a vision, energize partners to do the right thing and empower designers in pursuing ambitious ideas rooted in real human needs.
- You're an inspiring leader, mentor, and coach with a growth mindset. You will guide and grow the design leaders within the team that reports to you, enabling them to scale and create value through the experiences they deliver with their teams and partners.
- You're skilled at guiding results-driven, end-to-end design from strategy to execution. You know the ins-and-outs of what's needed to design and deliver a great experience, and can set reasonable expectations and project timeframes with cross-functional leadership peers. You can effectively provide feedback to your team in how they frame problems, define insights, create compelling visions, design concepts and prototypes, and communicate their ideas. You have a critical eye for great UX, UI, visual, and content design, and can ensure your team delivers top-quality work.
- You love what you do. You are constantly energized by solving customer & business problems and empowering teams to deliver elegant design solutions. You'll shape our culture with your enthusiasm - that's what makes you a great leader.
What you'll bring:
- The ability to connect complex and long term technical infrastructure initiatives to clear customer experience outcomes and drive alignment with key decision makers
- A track record of partnership building and leadership of design teams that span research, strategy, and execution
- A comprehensive portfolio with examples that showcase your storytelling capabilities, demonstrate design leadership and strategic vision, and show how you have influenced partners and teams to arrive at compelling product solutions
- A deep understanding of human-centered design, UX practices, and building high-performing teams that balance design skillsets
- A critical eye for exceptional design quality, and effective practices in delivering design critique and growth feedback to your team
- At least 7 years experience leading Customer Experience, Product Design, or Experience Design
- At least 6 years of experience managing a cross-functional team of design strategists, content strategists, researchers, and UX/UI designers
- Advanced Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Behavioral Science
- 12+ years experience in a role leading Customer Experience, Product Design, or related customer experience teams
- 8+ years of experience managing a cross-functional team of design strategists, content strategists, researchers, UX/UI designers, and front-end developers
- 5+ years experience working with data and/or in a complex and regulated domain like finance, banking, or healthcare
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $228,500 - $260,800 for Director, Design
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).