West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Project Manager for Talent Brand & Marketing
We are looking for an extremely detail-oriented, communicative, and proactive Process Management Associate to join our Talent Brand & Marketing team. We help inform and educate candidates, partners, and our associates about life at Capital One, our distinctive company culture and values, and our commitments to changing banking-and the communities around us-for good.
Process Management at Capital One is core to organizational success as it drives excellence in operational execution and delivery. Process Managers contribute significantly to a well-managed organization, while also driving innovation, reimagining the status quo, and enhancing the customer experience.
As an Associate in Process Management at Capital One, you will be part of a smart, talented team responsible for ensuring a well-managed environment for all processes supported by the Talent Brand & Marketing team. The Associate Process Manager will be an integrative thinker who is motivated to drive change, has exceptional attention to detail, and consistently innovates while delivering results. Additionally, they will be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the company and have an ability to influence others.
In this role you will be responsible for keeping large projects organized, creative problem solving, and building long-term relationships with team members, agencies and partners, all while driving operational excellence for Capital One's Talent Brand. You'll help keep our team's most important work running:
- Intellectually Curious with a strong Point of View
- You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to share your ideas or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn new things and a seeker of new challenges. You use this curiosity to develop and then refine, and refine, and refine your POVs.
- Influential and a great Communicator
- You strive for open, clear and concise communication; know and understand your audience and tailor communication appropriately. You are open to seek, receive and give constructive feedback.
- You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. You rally associates and partners to work with you.
- Impact-driven and ROI obsessed
- You dream big. You desire to make doing great work easier. One of your strengths is to look at something that could use a better process and partner with our team to become more well-managed. You get energy from working with others with similar passions to accomplish big, bold goals.
- You care about doing what's best for the team and for Capital One candidates, associates and business and you know that limited resources mean we have to prioritize effectively
- Proactive and a natural Doer
- You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You're well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work.
- You are energetic and an individual who shows initiative, and has a positive attitude to change.
What You'll Do
- Wired for Collaboration and Connection:
- You thrive in a matrixed organization because you know that together we can do better. You love the chance to share your perspective, to hear the perspectives of others, and to figure out how teams can collaborate.
- You embody a "we" mentality and "connect the dots" beyond the work of your own team, a true team player.
- Manage intakes from our partner teams and lead weekly intake calls to scope, provide resources and recommendations, and prioritize the work requested
- Understand goals, inputs, milestones and outputs for each of your projects and ensure their achievement
- Coordinate and collaborate with agencies, partners and team members in real-time to ensure all deliverables adhere to timelines, objectives and inputs
- Work with leadership, partners and team members to negotiate deadlines
- Manage and lead team events, PI planning, All Hands, and retro sessions
- Manage approvals process in partnership with key stakeholders
- Manage team slack channel to provide team and Capital One updates as necessary in order to keep the team engaged and aware
- Own and manage our Jira board and work with other delivery leads to review and discuss submitted intakes
- Manage and own POs and invoices with our agency partners and for the team
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 1 year of experience with Google Suite products (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- 2+ years of Project Management experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).