DutiesMaking a Difference: HUD's Mission
HUD's mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination and transform the way HUD does business.
As a Restructuring Analyst
, you will:
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Ensure the timely submission of PAEs forms for various actions as required by the OAHP OperatingProcedures Guide; trains PAEs on proper completion of these forms; and makes recommendations foraction by a Debt Restructuring Specialist.
- Prepare and write Housing Assistance Program (HAP) contracts for review by a Debt Restructuring Specialist.
- Investigate facts and issues relating to conflicts and prepares recommendations for appropriate actions
Candidates will be selected for a job assigned to one of the official duty stations listed in this announcement. Failure to report to duty at the location for which the candidate is selected may be grounds for a disciplinary action, including removal. Key Requirements:
- Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Public Trust - Background Investigation will be required.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form i-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Please refer to "Additional Information Section for additional Conditions of Employment."
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience for the GS-12 is defined as one year of experience at the GS-11 level, or equivalent that is directly related to the position and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Performing activities related to affordable rental housing including project based rental assistance, public housing, project based vouchers, housing choice vouchers, or other affordable housing programs such as HUDs Section 202 and Section 236 programs, Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, or other federal and state agency multifamily housing programs; AND
- Performing activities for the preservation of affordable housing including Section 8 project based rental assistance contracts or financing of affordable housing construction or rehabilitation.; AND
- Experience producing memoranda, tracking systems, spreadsheets, presentations, and reports for the use of staff and management.; AND
- Collaborating with Federal, state, and local government officials, or development teams on a variety of affordable housing development or recapitalization matters.
Experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service
. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional informationOTHER INFORMATION:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (CONTINUED):
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- Relocation incentive will not be paid.
- A recruitment incentive may be paid to newly appointed (non-Federal) applicants. A service agreement will be required.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- HUD offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
- This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies for similar positions across HUD. During the online application process, you will be asked to specify if you would like your application information shared with other hiring managers in the Program Office listed in this announcement or in other HUD Program Offices. Opting to share your application information will not impact your application for this announcement, nor will it guarantee further consideration for additional positions.
HUD employees are subject to a number of government-wide and HUD specific ethics laws and regulations, including restrictions on working in a real estate related business, and having Section 8 tenants, along with other prohibited interests and activities. To review applicable ethics rules and HUD specific restrictions, please visit https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/general_counsel/ethics .