RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will participate or lead internal audits or inspections.
- You will review, evaluate, and recommend specific guidance concerning new or revised regulations or policy from higher authorities.
- You will respond to data calls.
- You will provide training, guidance, and support to contracting members regarding various electronic tools and processes.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This is an obligated position. The former incumbent has return rights to this position under PL 86-585.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the NH-02 (GS-11) grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Providing guidance concerning new or revised regulations or policy, advising and training personnel on contracting actions, and participating in audits.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: Contracting Series, 1102 (opm.gov)
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
Applicants must meet the following Basic Education Requirement of the Department of Defense Qualification Standard for Contracting Positions:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.
NOTE: The education requirement listed above applies only to individuals entering DoD GS-1102 positions on or after October 1, 2000. Current civilian personnel in DoD who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000 are exempt from meeting this requirement. Current military members who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS (or equivalent) 1102 or before September 30, 2000 are also exempt from meeting this requirement. Applicants currently in the Contingency Contracting Force are also exempt from meeting this requirement. Additional information
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
Recruitment and relocation incentives may be authorized.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.