As a Logistics Officer, you will provide a full range of logistics and supply chain support and expertise to our mission partners both domestically and abroad. The work includes managing and executing full-scope logistics and supply chain processes in support of Agency mission objectives; employing excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships and leverage networks; proactively anticipating mission needs and operational requirements; utilizing critical thinking and logistics principles to offer solutions, alternatives, and sound guidance; and evaluating, redesigning, and implementing logistics and supply chain processes for mission support.
A career as a Logistics Officer provides the opportunity to serve wherever the mission requires, including worldwide deployment to sometimes austere environments to meet short and long-term organiational requirements. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/
- Successful Logisistics Officers must also demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer engagement
- Accountability for results
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Industrial Distribution
- Industrial Engineering
- Supply Chain Management
- Or, seven (7) years relevant work experience in the military or private sector with an emphasis in logistics, transportation or business experience
- At least a 3.0 on a 4-point scale is preferred, but exceptions are made for extenuating circumstances