As a Human Resources (HR) Officer, you will provide substantive advice across a full range of HR functional areas, including workforce planning, talent acquisition, staffing and selection, employee development, compensation, benefits, policy, performance management, rewards and recognition, and retention. You will partner with senior managers to develop, implement, and influence HR policies, plans, and strategies that align with CIA and Intelligence Community talent initiatives. Human Resources professionals are trusted, strategic partners and are a vital part of CIA.
The majority of your career will be based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area with the first 4-6 years focused on providing you with basic Agency and government-unique knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform in a range of positions. Some examples of entry-level offices that you may serve in are: Mission Centers, HR Transformation, directorate HR offices, etc. You will have the opportunity to compete for global positions after successfully completing the HR Onboarding Program. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/
- Experience building interpersonal relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Experience in problem solving, prioritization, time management, and workflow management
- Experience in working with limited guidance and close interaction with colleagues
- Experience using information technology tools, e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge of basic project management
- Ability to evaluate and apply HR business rules to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Ability to evaluate and recommend appropriate HR interventions
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following with emphasis on statistical analysis:
- Human Resources or Human Capital Management
- Business Administration or Business Management
- Organizational Development
- Public Administration
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale