DutiesThis is a Direct Hire Public Notice
, under this recruitment, applications will be accepted for each location and/or installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This position is being filled under Direct Hire Authority (DHA) in accordance with Section 9905 of title 5 U.S.C.
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
Incumbents typical work assignments may include the following:
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Responsible for the programmatic aspects of data governance, oversight, management and analysis as it relates to the areas under the DCIO SAP IT purview and across the DoD SAP community.
- Developing data policies and standards for SAP IT. This involves identifying SAP data sources, data standards and data ontologies and leveraging this information to develop a holistic data policy and standards structure to enable data sharing capabilities, data analysis and data governance structures in order to enable effective use of SAP data in achieving business process and mission outcomes.
- Identifying SAP IT data needs and develop or employ appropriate methods for data collection, extraction, integration, preparation, quality, and governance from internal and external sources to meet community needs.
- Leading and initiating projects in emerging technologies to improve and expand use availability and usage of data in the SAP IT community.
QualificationsFor qualifications determinations, it is recommended that applicants include their months and hours worked per week for each employment listed on their resume. If a determination is not able to be made about the length of your creditable experience for qualification requirements, you will be removed from consideration.Read more about what should I include in my federal resume?
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/Home/Registration)
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment
- Required to participate in the direct deposit program
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug testing
- This position requires you to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartment Information security clearance.
- This position may require work to be performed outside normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays and/or overtime.
- This position may require occasional travel away from your normal duty station for official business, inside and outside the continental U.S. on military or commercial aircraft.
at https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/application/documents/resume/what-to-include/ You may qualify at the GS-15 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service (experience may have been gained in the private sector) that demonstrates your knowledge of and skill in leveraging IT-based tools to support military operations and missions, designing and conducting comprehensive studies and preparing solutions to especially broad, important, and significant human capital management functions, and providing leadership for the successful vetting and integration with existing and anticipated infrastructure and digital environment.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.All qualifications and education requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume. EducationEducation cannot be substituted for experience.Additional information
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Washington Headquarters Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit: http://www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
If you are unable to apply online, you must request an alternative application. Please view the following link for information on how to obtain an alternative application https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?%20title=Alternate_Application_Information Appointment Authorities
: For more information on appointment authority eligibility requirements:
Career Transition Assistance Programs:
- Other Special Appointment Authorities https://www.usajobs.gov/
- Interchange Agreements https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/competitive-hiring/#url=Types-of-Appointments
These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information visit: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):
Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. /www.esd.whs.mil/DD/DoD-Issuances/140025/ Current or Former Political Appointees:
Beginning January 1, 2010, agencies must seek prior approval from OPM before they can appoint a current or recent political appointee to a competitive or non-political excepted service position at any level under the provisions of title 5, United States Code. If you are currently or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, or Non-career SES employee in the executive branch, you MUST disclose that to the Human Resources Office.Nepotism:
Under the provisions of 5 USC 3110, an individual may not be appointed into a position if the position is under the supervisory chain of command of a relative.This position will open 31-Oct-23 with applications being reviewed after 05-Nov-23 (5 days), 25-Nov-23 (20 days), and upon closure of the announcement. For early consideration it is recommended that applicants apply on or before 05-Nov-23 (5 days) from the open date of the announcement.Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement