Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire an experienced Patient Service Specialist who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As a Patient Service Specialist you will:
• Greet and directs patients for appointment, tests, referrals and information utilizing effective customer relations skills and telephone techniques.
• Schedules patient appointments, test procedures using a computerized scheduling system; prepares appointment notices; schedules physician referrals, provides patient instructions verbally or in writing in order for patient to prepare for appointment.
• Obtains documents and verifies patient demographic financial and insurance information using a computerized scheduling system.
• Performs pre-registration activities to gather demographic information; determines medical insurance coverage; identifies patients with delinquent accounts; confirms appointments; and registers patients into a computerized system.
• Performs patient appointment maintenance activities; as necessary, to ensure patient appointment history is accurate.
• Counsels' patients on unpaid balances from previous visits prior to scheduling subsequent appointments; counsels patients in anticipated costs for services.
• Collects payment due at time of appointment as well as payments for unpaid balances; prepares receipts for all monies collected; provides copies for reception area, billing office and the patient.
• Prints forms or reminder cards necessary to facilitate the patient encounter and daily operations.
• Works with physicians and nursing staff to facilitate the patient encounter and departmentally assigned responsibilities
• Assists in answering inquiries regarding departmental and Medical Center services and provides information regarding procedures, rules and regulations pertaining to assigned clinical area.
• Prints and reviews daily scheduling reports; distributes as appropriate.
• Reviews and balances daily cash receipts; in the absence of the supervisor, submits daily cash deposits to the cashier.
• Reviews reports to ensure charge has been entered for each appointment.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• High School Diploma, or Two years college degree is preferred.
• Three years' experience in providing customer services is necessary.
• Customer service experience in a patient care environment, to include one year experience in patient scheduling, is preferred.
• Experience utilizing a computerized patient scheduling system or computer terminals is necessary. Familiarity with Medical insurance and medical terminology is necessary. Typing skill of 30 wpm is necessary.
• Knowledge of IDX patient scheduling/ registration systems is preferred.
• 2 years of office management experience, preferably in physician office and/or ambulatory care setting
Monday-Friday 9a-5pAt Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you.
We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through nonrotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Free Employee parking
- Benefits Eligible Positions:
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans [including health, employer-paid disability and life insurance, PTO]
- Employer retirement contribution and match after 1-year of eligible employment with 3 year vesting
- Ancillary benefits such as flexible spending, legal and pet insurance to meet the needs of employees and their eligible family members
- Subsidized childcare at participating childcare centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today, apply now to be considered! COVID-19 Vaccination
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if needed, may elect to be vaccinated at any community pharmacy or location offering COVID-19 vaccinations.Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing. ("Nicotine products" include, but are not limited to: cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes, vaping products, hookah, and nicotine replacement products (e.g., nicotine gum, nicotine patches, nicotine lozenges, etc.). Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. AHC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.