77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
Analyst, Specialty Underwriter and Portfolio Manager
Capital One's Commercial Bank services a $70 billion loan portfolio and more than 6,100 clients. We span several lines of business to deliver strategic client solutions by driving digital innovations that transform businesses and industries. The Commercial Underwriting and Portfolio Management organization is responsible for working with internal partners to underwrite new transactions and manage the existing portfolio of loans. Our Underwriters and Portfolio Managers balance supporting the Commercial's Bank's growth and ensuring we have a scalable, well-managed business.
This role supports the Diversified Industries line of business. Capital One's Diversified Industries group includes the US Corporate, Mid-Corporate and Sponsor & Specialty businesses within the Middle Market Bank. The group provides financing to medium to large companies for mergers and acquisitions, corporate growth, balance sheet re-financings and recapitalizations. The Diversified Industries portfolio consists of over 400 clients and $20 billion in credit exposure. The Diversified Industries Portfolio Management team is responsible for all portfolio management activities. Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
While in the role of Portfolio Analyst, you will experience the following:
- Act as the primary account manager for a portfolio of ~15 loan accounts.
- Evaluate accounts and credit facilities by performing financial statement analysis, reviewing spreads, calculating adherence to compliance statements & loan covenants, and assessing the overall risk within the client's business, industry, customer base and geography.
- Ensure portfolio data is accurate, timely, and complete to ensure strong quality and reporting capabilities.
- Perform research and analysis of industry and market data to complete financial projections.
- Ensure compliance with credit policies and procedures for existing accounts
- Compile and synthesize loan, market and company information to complete annual client reviews, and other non-material loan amendments.
- Support underwriting team on material loan modifications including renewals, refinancing's and recapitalizations by assisting with due diligence, financial analysis and financial modeling.
- Prepare and present account updates to senior leadership during quarterly portfolio review.
- Work with internal partners to assist with closing process requirements.
- Detailed coaching and development of current portfolio analyst skills.
- Exposure to clients through the participation in client calls and on-site visits.
- Exposure to more complex UW through mentorship with seasoned UW's, deal shadowing and other learning opportunities.
- Formal career guidance to assist in obtaining future roles within Diversified Industries UW&PM.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in credit underwriting or at least 2 years of experience in portfolio management or at least 2 years of experience in asset management.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. #UWPM
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Completed coursework or training in credit risk management
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).