DutiesMaking a Difference: HUD's Mission
HUD's mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination and transform the way HUD does business.
As a Program Analyst
, you will:
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Prepare and deliver narrative reports and recommendations on justifications and section-by-section analyses of legislative proposals and amendments relating to Multifamily Housing programs for Offices within the Department which have coordination roles in legislative matters between the Department and Congress.
- Conduct analyses of regulatory and statutory proposals, initiatives, and multifamily housing program proposals submitted for review by outside parties, including use of analytical models to estimate program impacts, and evaluation of projects and initiatives based on sophisticated analytical processes.
- Develop program policies, in consultation with the affected Offices, in areas where the issues are not primarily within the jurisdiction of a single program office.
The official duty station for this position will be in Washington, District of Columbia.
Failure to report to duty at this location may be grounds for a disciplinary action, including removal. Key Requirements:
- Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form i-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Please refer to "Additional Information Section for additional Conditions of Employment."
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience for the GS-13 is one year of experience at the GS-12 level, or equivalent that has equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience includes:
- Developing solutions to problems and issues related to Multifamily housing programs; AND
- Coordinating and supporting a variety of Multifamily housing asset management functions; AND
- Consulting with, and providing technical assistance to program officials, citizens groups, and government officials on a variety of Multifamily housing related technical matters
Experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service .
One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.Time-in-Grade:
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement
, if applicable:
For the GS-13
you must have been at the GS-12
level for 52 weeks.Time After Competitive Appointment:
Candidates who are current Federal employees serving on a non-temporary competitive appointment must have served at least three months in that appointment. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional informationOTHER INFORMATION:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (CONTINUED):
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- Relocation incentive will not be paid.
- Recruitment incentive will not be paid.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- HUD offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
- This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies for similar positions across HUD. During the online application process, you will be asked to specify if you would like your application information shared with other hiring managers in the Program Office listed in this announcement or in other HUD Program Offices. Opting to share your application information will not impact your application for this announcement, nor will it guarantee further consideration for additional positions.
HUD employees are subject to a number of government-wide and HUD specific ethics laws and regulations, including restrictions on working in a real estate related business, and having Section 8 tenants, along with other prohibited interests and activities. To review applicable ethics rules and HUD specific restrictions, please visit https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/general_counsel/ethics .