As a Finance Resource Officer, you will provide the full range of financial services to officers and offices across the Agency and Intelligence Community, including: financial calculations based on regulations and unique operational activities; financial analysis of programs and budgets; use of accounting methodologies under both General Services Administration (GSA) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); and a myriad of other job functions that relate to bill payments, contract payments, and the monitoring and managing of cash flow. You will be directly linked to customers, helping to resolve both routine and complex financial processes - delivering innovative and agile solutions in support of CIA's global mission.
The majority of your career will be based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, with the first 4-6 years focused on providing you with basic Agency and government-unique knowledge, skills, and abilities in order to perform in a range of developmental positions. Some examples of entry-level offices that you may serve in are: Accounts and Liaison, Central Travel Services, Budget and Execution offices, Compensation Group, Contract Audit, and Payment. For those interested in travel, you will have the opportunity to compete for global positions after successfully completing your initial developmental program. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire
- Demonstrated Excellent:
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service
- Analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Team and independent work ethic
- Documented good credit history
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Experience in the following functional disciplines:
- Financial analysis
- Certified Public Accountant license
- Graduate degree in Business or Finance
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale preferred
- A minimum of two accounting courses (6 semester credit hours) with a "B" or better