As an Engineer/Facilities Project Manager for CIA, you will provide tailored facilities products and services for internal Agency customers. Our Engineers develop, coordinate, and review civil, electrical, and mechanical standards and recapitalization projects. You will be responsible for creating safe, secure, and functional work environments to support the Agency's global intelligence mission.
Engineers/Facilities Project Managers at the entry-level work under close guidance and supervision to manage and coordinate the activities of well-defined facilities projects. At this level, you will participate in the following actions related to civil, electrical, mechanical control, and monitoring systems: project planning; developing Statements of Work and estimates; project implementation; monitoring cost, schedules, and performance; and managing customer expectations, identifying potential risks, and performing quality assurance. You will also be expected to perform general administrative duties, maintain current project management job knowledge, and obtain appropriate certifications.
Engineers/Facilities Project Managers are responsible for one or more facilities project management activities throughout the life of a project. Based on assignment, you may lead team members and contractors, travel domestically or overseas, and partake in sensitive and high visibility activities to achieve the project objectives and customer requirements. You may also participate in the management of building support services and property management issues for small to medium-sized Agency facilities or participate in procurement activities in coordination with the assigned contracting officer. Additional duties include providing construction management oversight and survey as required for structural evaluations, electrical, and mechanical infrastructure; managing electrical and/or mechanical appliance programs; or develop, coordinate, and review civil, electrical, and mechanical standards and recapitalization projects.
CIA hires Engineers/Facilities Project Managers at various career progression levels from entry to senior level.
This position requires a commitment to serve wherever mission needs are located. You must maintain an ongoing readiness to travel and relocate to meet short and long-term organizational requirements. A commitment to travel overseas, including hardship locations, is required. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire
- One (1) year of experience applying substantive expertise in a facilities project with an emphasis in facilities project planning, resource scheduling, cost monitoring, task assignment, and timeline management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Project management experience
- Thorough knowledge of building codes, Americans with Disabilities (ADA) requirements, and working knowledge of information technology, mechanical, electrical, or communication systems
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional Engineer's (PE) license
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Related degree with focus in facilities management or relevant years of work experience
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred, but exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances