RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will conduct inspections, inventories, record keeping, and environmental deficiency identification and tracking in support of environmental laws and regulations.
- You will compose reports, official correspondence, memorandums, or information papers for environmental projects or programs.
- You will review documentation for environmental considerations and provisions for public involvement.
- You will oversee multiple environmental protection programs (e.g., water pollution control, hazardous waste management, air pollution control program) to ensure compliance with requirements and regulations.
- You will review environmental issues with investigations, inspection reports, inquiries, or complaints to determine corrective action.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States drivers license.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a final Top Secret/SCI security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- You may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes when making site visits, as determined by site conditions and applicable safety regulations.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
- This position may require occasional travel from normal duty station. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft.
Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09
grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Providing and/or coordinating all professional services in environmental protection such as environmental compliance and enforcement, environmental program administration and oversight, and documentation of environmental considerations and decisions made as part of project review. 2) Advising, managing or performing administrative or programmatic duties relating to environmental programs that protect or improve environmental quality, control pollution, remedy environmental damage, or ensure compliance with environmental law and regulations. 3) Evaluating regulations for potential impact, identifying possible solutions, and preparing supporting documents for the recommended solution.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
You successfully completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
You successfully completed three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
You successfully completed an LL.M. degree that is related to the position being filled.
You successfully completed a combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience.
The percentage of the required education plus the percentage of the required experience equal one hundred percent.A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. Additional information
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.This announcement uses the Certain Competitive Service Positions direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A forty hour work week is typical of this position.
This position is eligible for part time, full time or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
This position is at the full performance level.
Recruitment incentives may or may not be authorized for this position.
You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
This position may be subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.