Summary Civil Engineer (PE) Washington, DC
Chenega Architecture Design Solutions (CADS) is an Alaskan Native Small Disadvantaged Business, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chenega Corporation. We solve complex challenges with dedication and excellence-keeping clients and stakeholders informed at every step. Our professionals have been serving clients for more than three decades.
We make our clients' priorities our own so that we can develop consistent, long-term partnerships with all of our customers. Fulfilling our commitments to our clients and projects is the backbone of those relationships, and our ability to be agile and flexible is a big part of our success.
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
The Civil Engineer (PE)
will assist NAVFAC WASH with the performance of civil engineering design and production support from project inception through construction. Responsibilities
- Be familiar with both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build delivery methods for projects
- Provide technical leadership/mentorship to junior engineers/designers and review other civil engineers' work for code compliance and constructability
- Address contractor submittals and requests for information (RFI's)
- Responsible for coordinating and reviewing all traffic engineering
- Design and technical competence in developing complete construction documents, including drawings and specifications
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of specialized experience in civil engineering schematic design and design development, including evaluation of new and existing facilities
- Professional registration as a Licensed Civil Engineer. The license must be current and issued by a United States of America state, Commonwealth, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory.
- 3+ years of experience with traffic engineering on a DoD installation
- Interim Secret required
How you'll grow
- Ability to estimate design effort and assist in negotiations with Architectural-Engineering firms and General Contractors
- Should have extensive knowledge of federal, state, and local codes
- Ability to use AutoCAD Civil 3D and other design software, including but not limited to StormCad, TR55-HydroCad, HEC-HMS, PCASE, and Water Gems
- Experience in site layout, airfield pavement, roadways, grading, drainage systems, erosion and sediment control, utilities, and stormwater management/low-impact development design
- Ability to prepare and provide high-level briefs to senior leadership. Oral and written communication skills must be highly developed
- Ability to travel
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#CHENEGA ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGNS SOLUTIONS, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program