Summary Senior Hardware/Software Technician Washington, DC
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
As one of the newest Chenega companies, Chenega Defense & Aerospace Solutions (CDAS) was developed with the purpose of providing expert Engineering and Technical Support Services to federal customers.
The Senior Hardware/Software Technician
supports monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems with the SSP network. Responsibilities
- Recommend and schedule repairs.
- Provideend-user support for all SSP network-based applications.
- Install and configure workstations, laptops, and iPhones.
- Troubleshoot VPN issues with SSP-furnished equipment.
- ProvideWindows operating system support - Windows 10 installation, patching, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Research and troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016.
- Install and troubleshoot issues with a variety of SSP-specific developed and 3rdparty software.
- Collaborate with other onsite contractors to manage and contain network spillages.
- Work with the SPCIO office to prepare for IT Accreditation and cyber security inspections.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior technicians or IT staff.
- Independently diagnose and resolve complex hardware and software issues.
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to determine the root causes and implement effective solutions.
- Plan and manage IT projects independently, including resource allocation, timelines, and risk assessment, to ensure successful project completion.
- Independently maintain comprehensive records and documentation of IT configurations, changes, and incidents. Use this information for auditing, reporting, and decision-making purposes.
- Manage IT budgets and make decisions regarding expenditures, including procurement of hardware and software licenses, within budget constraints.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills , and Abilities:
- Associate degree or bachelor's degree (preferred) from an accredited institution.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and an additional5+ years of experience can be substituted for a degree.
- 5+ years of IT systems support experience.
- IT certifications: CompTIA Certification A+, Network+ or Security+.
- Secret clearance required.
How you'll grow
- Ability to make informed and independent decisions that impact the efficiency, security, and functionality of the technology infrastructure.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Defense & Aerospace Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program