· Tasks performed:
· Move furniture and equipment both inside and outside the building.
· Remove snow using hand tools and powered equipment including pickup trucks equipped with plows.
· Clean rest rooms, locker rooms, toilets, sinks, and urinals.
· Re-stock rest rooms.
· Mop, vacuum, sweep and buff floors.
· Empties garbage containers.
· Collects, processes, dumps recycled materials such as metal and paper.
· Notifies management regarding need for repairs.
· Operates powered and unpowered equipment such as fork trucks and vehicles.
· Maintains exterior grounds and roads.
· Removes debris from roofs, parking lots, and sidewalks.Machinery/Tools/Equipment/Aides Utilized:
· Vacuum cleaner
· Garbage Cans
· Work carts
· Power saws
· Snow plows
· Fork lifts/trucks
· Electric jacksProduct/Materials Handled:
· Newspapers, inserts, cardboard, newsprint, scrap metal
· Cleaning supplies
· Restroom supplies
· Garbage bags
Wherever you are in your life or career, The Washington Post offers comprehensive and inclusive benefits for every step of your journey:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company-paid pension and 401(k) match
- Three weeks of vacation and up to three weeks of paid sick leave
- Nine paid holidays and two personal days
- 20 weeks paid parental leave for any new parent
- Robust mental health resources
- Backup care and caregiver concierge services
- Gender affirming services
- Pet insurance
- Free Post digital subscription
- Leadership and career development programs
Benefits may vary based on the job, full-time or part-time schedule, location, and collectively bargained status. The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post
. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow