Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight of semi-monthly payroll preparation for employees (currently 1,000) located in multiple states according to internal policies and procedures as well as adhering to federal and state regulations.
- Oversight of time administration processing and posting in Unanet's Time and Labor module and ensuring adherence to policies, applicable law and regulations, procedures, and internal controls.
- Team with Human Resources to ensure ADP Workforce Now system data is accurate.
- Manage current payroll and time management team.
- Oversight and review of labor posting and reconciliation.
- Oversight in establishing and maintaining state accounts for SIT/SUI/Local as needed.
- Oversight of miscellaneous payroll calculations such as SCA, HOLA, COLA, etc.
- Ensure semi-monthly, quarterly, and annual tax filings are filed on time and ensure accuracy.
- Ensure Payroll Team and Labor Team email distributions are reviewed and ensured responses to inquiries are timely and accurate.
- Interface with other functional teams as necessary including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Recruiting, HR, Contracts, Subcontracts, etc.
- Prepare ad-hoc support and analysis of accounts, account reconciliations and audit schedules as needed.
- Analyze Payroll processes to document issues and recommend process improvements to ensure compliance with internal policies, government regulations and accounting principles.
- Assist with team to educate and train stakeholders to ensure Payroll process is timely and accurate and adheres to internal policies and external regulations.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills including data interpretation
- Ability to work with a diverse and geographically distributed team
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and be responsible to follow up on action items
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant payroll processing experience
- 3+ years of government contracting experience
- 1+ years supervisor experience
- Experience payroll tax and set up of SIT/SUI/Local tax IDs
- Experience in Unanet Time and Expense module
- Experience in ADP Workforce Now
- High proficiency in MS Excel
We are seeking a Payroll Administrator to join our Accounting team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and processing all payroll-related activities to include timesheet administration as well as any ad-hoc support and analyses and ensuring adherence to policies, applicable law and regulations, procedures, and internal controls. This role reports directly to the Controller.
TekSynap is a fast-growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Reston, Virginia
- Type of environment: Office/Remote Hybrid
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday
- Amount of Travel: Less than 1%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
U.S. Citizenship required. OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.