Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs database administration to include developing, testing, upgraders, user management, backup and recovery, data modeling and supports data/system documentation.
- Coordinates the workflow associated with processing of logistics data to/from the data warehouse.
- Supports analysis by developing appropriate metrics from maintenance, repair and usage data.
- Plans and oversees the technical transitions between the data warehouse and Army logistics data suppliers.
- Facilitates change control, problem management, and communication among data architects, programmers, analysts, and engineers.
- Establishes processes to ensure a consistent, well managed, and well-integrated process flow.
- Expands and improves processes to include data flow, analysis, transformation and cleansing.
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of experience or Master's Degree with 12+ years of experience
- At least 15 years of experience in performing database and administration functions in relation to Department of the Army Logistics and material systems data.
- At least 15 years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) working with Department of the Army Logistics and materiel systems datasets.
- Possesses Oracle 11 or Oracle 12 DBA Certification.
- Experience developing Oracle Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) links via Microsoft Access.
- Experience migrating databases from one location to another.
- At least 2 years of experience securing Oracle Databases to meet DoD Accreditations / Assessments for either Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) or Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experienced using Tools for Oracle Application Development (TOAD) to develop tables, load data and construct Structured Query Language (SQL) for data extraction.
- DOD IAT Level II Certification
- Secret Clearance
We are seeking a Senior Logistics Data Analyst/SDBA
to join our team supporting the US Combat Capabilities Development Command Data and Analysis Center at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.
The US Combat Capabilities Development Command-Data & Analysis Center (CCDC-DAC) is an Army Futures Command organization that conducts a variety of critical analyses to provide state-of-the-art analytical solutions to senior level Army and Department of Defense officials. The Data & Analysis Center's responsive systems analysis supports the "Equipping" and "Sustaining" of weapons and materiel for our Soldiers in the field as well as our Future Army Force. CCDC-DAC requires specialized technical support to assist in the analysis of Army materiel and logistics data/processes that also relies on an underlying expertise in Oracle databases, application programming and database security. CCDC-DAC requires analytical support services, expertise with existing Army logistics databases as well as support in designing, developing and maintaining the necessary in-house database infrastructure to operate them.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
- Type of environment: Office, (Government Site)
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active Secret Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.