Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze requirements and develop technical solutions and frameworks.
- Develop and execute test plans for new and existing networks.
- Analyze and evaluate network performance to identify and resolve problems.
- Design and implement network improvements to meet business needs.
- Maintain telecommunications rooms (TRs) and associated equipment, including cable plant, patch panels, and telecommunications closets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with the highest level of management.
- Capable of learning inside plant permit process required for cable installs in tenant traveled areas in the Pentagon.
- Knowledge and understanding of inside plant cabling installation procedures and decommissioning procedures.
- 12 years relevant experience
- Must have knowledge or equivalent current experience (3 to 5 years) of industry standards and BISCI-Inside Plant Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDD).
- Experienced (3 to 5 years) in leading program reviews with customer, discuss cost, schedules, and technical performance.
- Must have current experience (3 to 5 years) coordinating, installing, operating, and maintaining cables installations within TRs.
- Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDD)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Engineering or Equivalent Work Experience (at least 12 years)
- Clearance: Must possess a Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
We are seeking an Inside Plant Manager to join our team supporting DISA JSP ETM in Arlington, VA.
TekSynap is a fast-growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job InformationCOMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Arlington, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibilityOTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.