Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use of monitoring tools to provide support for the client's network and systems infrastructure, including both reactive and proactive measures.
- Expertise in industry-standard information management operations and ITSM best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences, including senior management.
- Experience in a DOD Information Technology environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, directing, and managing Information Technology operations help desks in an organization similar in size to ITA
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with a proven ability to plan, direct, and manage a large and complex help desk operation.
- Experience in managing and supervising a help desk team in a large and complex organization.
- Knowledge of networking and network-based software applications
- Expertise in translating high-level functional and technical requirements into actionable plans and specifications, based on interactions with the user community.
- Provide day-to-day customer support, including responding to customer inquiries, documenting issues, tracking progress, resolving problems, and managing customer expectations.
- Handle and manage incidents and service requests for activities such as changes, problems, configurations, and requisitions for equipment and services.
- 3 years relevant experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with Government Network Operations Experience and/or Operations Watch Officer Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems is preferred
- Clearance: Must possess a Secret clearance
We are seeking a Network Operations Center Manager to join our team supporting DISA JSP ETM in Arlington, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job InformationCOMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Arlington, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Secret clearanceOTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.