Responsibilities & Qualifications
As an experienced developer architecting and developing applications, the Chief Software Engineer (CWE) is expected to have a complete understanding of software engineering principles, theories, and concepts. Responsibilities may include concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, and decision analysis.
The CWE must be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems, and requires the ability to understand customer problems, quickly learn new tools and technologies, and work both independently and as part of a team of developers and functional experts to rapidly deliver customer solutions. The CWE must demonstrate the ability to meet objectives using good judgment and techniques for obtaining solutions while working under general direction and will represent the program and company in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects, which will require direct communication with customers.
The CWE is responsible for complex software design activities integrating multiple technologies:
- Provide the program and customer with architectural guidelines for all software design activities to current and future technological environments.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of technologies, planning, design, and analysis methodologies.
- Be responsible for the design and architectural guidelines for current and future software technological activities.
- Work with the scrum teams and within the customers Scale Agile Framework (SAFe) construct to develop new capabilities using open standards (OGC, RESTful Web Services, etc.).
- Collaborates with the customer's system engineering organization and external programs on technical solutions requiring integration across programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that test driven development and continuous integration practices are integrated and consistent across the entire program
- Full system lifecycle experience, from requirement decomposition, system design through development, security, operations and decommission efforts
- Significant agile knowledge and experience deriving requirements into program development roadmap
- Experience working between product teams to decompose system-level requirements and establish program features for execution
- Experience identifying technologies and applications and defining solutions for incorporation into highly secure and regulated architectures
- Experience taking a product through an Agile development process, deploying it into operations and maintaining it
- BA/BS with 16+ years'; MS with 14+ years'; PhD with 10+ years' experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance; Polygraph eligibility
- Infrastructure Service Provider (ISP) and Application Service Provider (ASP) experience using Agile development methodologies and associated business rhythms on a DevSecOps program
- Cloud development/migration knowledge
- GEOINT community background
- Complimentary technical background in software engineering or systems administration skills
- Certifications - SAFe Agile, CISSP or Security+, AWS
- Be able to drive and energize a team of multiple skills and job disciplines
- Ability to work well with, as well as lead, virtual team members. This includes serving as a key technical interface to Government at the customer site when needed.
We are seeking a Chief Software Engineer to join our team supporting our NGA customer on a new program in Reston, VA. This once-in-a- generation program will put a 21 st century analytic workbench in the hands of intelligence and GEOINT analysts. Successful applicants will help to facilitate widespread application of machine augmentation and automation and contribute to deployment of an intuitive user-focused set of services to capture, manage, and automate analytic mission and workflow expertise.
TekSynap, a "Fast 50" technology company in the Washington DC area that offers technology solutions to federal, state and local government agencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Reston, VA
- Type of environment: Office, Remote, Varies
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday, with the ability to flex (9/80 schedule, e.g.)
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship
Clearance requirement: TS/SCI, eligible for CI Poly OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.