Summary Program Manager Patuxent River, MD
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Agile Real-Time Solutions (CARS) was created with the purpose of providing integrated enterprise IT support to Federal customers both CONUS and OCONUS. CARS employs Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with decades of experience working in the Federal marketplace.
The Program Manager
will serve as the single point of program management on-site at the Naval Air Warfare Center to serve as the liaison between the government and contractor personnel assigned to support daily operations. Responsibilities
- Serve as mission critical personnel that is the single point of contact on-site for management and customer relations supporting large Information Technology and Cyber Security Department.
- Responsible for the program management and technical direction of work performance and projects.
- Assist with the transition period to keep stakeholders informed of the status to minimize interruptions or delays to work in progress that would impact the mission.
- Work directly with the key stakeholders regarding new project assignments and planning.
- Manage all operation aspects of program controls including resource allocation, cost management, schedule management, data and record management, report preparation, proposal activity, customer quality and satisfaction, and other related program activities.
- Ensure quality, timeliness, and accuracy of program tasks.
- Track program against schedule, budget, and phase review objectives, reporting status to supervisor regularly and executive staff as needed and/or requested.
- Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated eventualities.
- Establish and manage customer relationships.
- Recommend and/or lead new processes where needed to improve quality or on-time delivery.
- Generate various reports/deliverables to the appropriate customers and management personnel.
- Commit to the organization and shall be ultimately responsible for all activities and deliverables under this contract.
- Plan, organize, direct, and guide the activities of team members.
- Investigate and adjust personnel problems among program team members. Provide recommendations regarding hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, and terminations.
- Participate in hiring, training, and performance evaluations.
- Review and approve employee timecards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree related to Information Technology field of study, in addition to the required experience below.
- 10+ years of experience in the IT field is required.
- 5+ years of Program/Project Management experience is required with PM experience supporting NAVAIR or NAWC AD IT systems and/or services.
- PMP certification is desired.
- Active Secret clearance is required.
How you'll grow
- Ability to design and maintain technical and project documentation.
- Ability to critically analyze and understand the requirements and communicate to the customer and leadership.
- Ability to define requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment.
- Ability to define and schedule project/program implementations.
- Strong leadership and self-direction skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sufficient knowledge of proper English grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation rules to identify errors and make corrections.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Ability to identify and solve project issues efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to solve complex problems using creative thinking skills.
- Ability to perform team assessments and evaluations.
- Ability to travel CONUS as required.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to maintain and keep a Secret security clearance.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We believe there's always room to learn from entry-level employees to senior leaders.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to our relationships with our clients, team members, and communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Agile Real Time Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program