RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Performs difficult and complex diagnostic procedures
- Receives patients, explains method of procedure, positions patient, selects and sets technical factors, sets up and adjusts accessory equipment, and makes exposures necessary for the requested procedure.
- Determines if special patient preparation is needed.
- Assists radiologists in performing specialized and invasive procedures.
- Performs such specialized procedures as laminography, diagnostic and stereotactic mammography, cystography, and barium studies on patients in various stages of health to include extremely ill or severely compromised due to disease or injury.
- Responsible for quality control program and maintenance of equipment to ensure optimum performance and health protective measures.
- Performs quality control by reviewing radiographs taken by other technicians for accuracy of positioning and techniques.
- Performs miscellaneous administrative functions. Performs front desk duties to include receiving patients, scheduling, and explaining methods of examination in person and over the telephone.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Must possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
- The work requires the employee to hold and maintain current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification in good standing.
- The employee may be required to work rotating shifts and an irregular tour of duty, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- The employee may be required to understand accreditation requirements as well as regulatory standards such as, but not limited to, the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA).
- The position may be identified as having "regular contact with children," requiring a State Criminal History Repository (SCHR) check to be completed on any person selected for the position.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination.
- This position has a requirement to lift up to 50 lbs
- Employees assigned to a medical treatment facility are required to be screened for applicable immunizations or pre-existing immunity based on occupational risk, regardless of job series
- This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement and is subject to annual vaccination.
- This position has been designated "Mission Essential".
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Specialized Experience:
One year of specialized experience which includes performing any one or more of the following: radiographic examinations, setting up x-ray room, preparing or administering contrast material. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.