DutiesThis is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the DC Air National Guard.MILITARY REQUIREMENTS:
You must meet the minimum military rank as specified in this announcement. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a DC Air National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position. Applicants applying to this position who exceed the maximum military grade listed on this job announcement MUST
submit a statement in writing that they are willing to take an administrative reduction in grade to the advertised military grade on the job announcement for which applying. Applicants who exceed the military grade will NOT
be placed into the technician position until they have been administratively reduced to the military grade on the job announcement. Please note that exceeding the maximum rank does not automatically qualify you for consideration. Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement
The National Guard's full-time support program requires that all military technicians are members of the National Guard and are appointed to full-time positions which correspond to their military assignments. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership.Minimum Military Rank
: E-3/A1C Maximum Military Rank
: E-5/SSGTOther requirements:
For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed. For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within One (1) year of appointment.
This position is located in the Air National Guard, Mission Support Group, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Materiel Management Flight, Asset Management Section. The primary purpose of this position is to provide management control, oversight, coordination, and implementation of the base "HAZMAT Pharmacy" program and operation. This position facilities the primary mission of receiving, distributing, tracking, reporting, and serving as the primary point of contact for base hazardous materials. Serves as a technical advisor to the Wing Commander, staff, and base personnel regarding hazardous materials. A broad knowledge of general supply, storage, distribution, and inventory specializations is required; in addition to a knowledge of Federal, State, and USAF safety and environmental rules and regulations to ensure regulatory compliance.
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Manages, controls, oversees, coordinates and implements the base HAZMAT Pharmacy program and function. Provides day-to-day management and oversight of assigned personnel and monitors daily HAZMAT operations and activities. Reviews computer-generated listings; coordinates office budget requirements; and provides work assignment, guidance, and direction to lower-graded personnel. Coordinates with a variety of functional elements, personnel, and off-base contacts to accomplish assigned mission.
- Identifies new HAZMAT and customer requirements. Controls IEX-coded materials, processes and approves customer requests, enrolls new customers, requisitions hazardous materials, performs research, verifies data, etc. Receives, issues, stores, and ships hazardous materials. Determines storage requirements, arrangement of materials, and space utilization required. Uses safe and secure storage and distribution practices to ensure maximum protection of workforce personnel and the environment. Processes approvals, rejects, denials, waivers, or terminations; and provides interchangeable or substitute stock items.
- Utilizes the Government Purchase Card (GPC) for all local purchase requirements, and performs a monthly reconciliation of all purchases and expenditures. Manages shop excess, performs shelf life inspections, coordinates stock level adjustments, and distributes inventory listings to appropriate users. Develops, replenishes, and monitors stock levels. Maintains listing of partially consumed hazardous materials or "free issue" items. Stocks, inventories, and tracks deployable HAZMAT kits before and after deployments.
- Conducts worksite visits, identifies customer concerns, and determines materials usage. Makes recommendations to improve customer service and provides follow-up as required. Gathers and compiles information for reports to Federal, State, USAF, and/or ANG agencies regarding program status, HAZMAT item status, compliance issues, budget information, etc.
- Develops and conducts HAZMAT training to managerial, supervisory, and base personnel. Develops lesson plans, course materials and schedules and conducts training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QualificationsPermanent Change of Station (PCS)
- National Guard Membership is required. If you are not sure if you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Minimum Rank: E-3
- Maximum Rank: E-5
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS): PCS not authorized
- AFSC: 2S051
- Military skill set is determined by AFSC. Upon selection, individuals must be assigned to a compatible military AFSC/MOS in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations and must obtain/maintain all requirements of the AFSC.
: PCS not authorized Relocation Incentive:
Incentive may be authorized Selected Reserve Incentive Program:
Acceptance of this position will cause termination of Federal bonuses pursuant to respective Selected Reserve Incentive Programs (SRIP). This termination may be with or without recoupment of payments already made.NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED:
This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military rank and assignment in the District of Columbia Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE REPRESENTED BY THE CONTENTS OF YOUR RESUME.
To ensure full credit is given for the qualification requirements listed below please use the USAJobs resume builder.
IF YOU USE YOUR OWN RESUME PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU INCLUDE THE BEGINNING AND ENDING DATES (MONTH AND YEAR) FOR ALL JOBS LISTED IN YOUR RESUME.
Experience, education or training involving administration of supply management, storage, cataloging, packaging and distribution or other work which provided the applicant with a general knowledge of one or more aspects of the supply field. Experience using computer and automation systems. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training dealing with cost estimates, budgets or funding management. Solving complex supply transactions and providing supply operations support. Please be advised:
1. Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
2. An applicant's RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet the specialized experience listed.
3. It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the specialized experience.
4. If education or a degree is required as part of the "Specialized Experience", you must include transcripts.
Do not copy the specialized experience qualifications word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each statement. Plagiarizing from this announcement will immediately disqualify you as an applicant. Additional information
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .