RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Operate vehicles on and off public highways and paved roads.
- Operate a variety of diesel powered equipment.
- Operate various types of forklifts up to 50,000 pound capacity.
- Drive oversized engineer equipment which may be oversized or overweight.
- Perform operator maintenance on motorized vehicles.
- Service vehicle braking systems and lights.
- Take and prepare oil samples for the Army Oil Analysis Program.
- Recognize defective or malfunctioning parts of a motor vehicle.
- Ensure that load weights are secured and weights are properly distributed.
- Read and interpret regulations and technical publications.
- Review specifications of vehicles for load capacity.
- Receive incoming warehouse items and equipment.
- Check items for damage or serviceability.
- Prepare various documents and warehousing reports.
- Load and unload equipment on trucks for shipment.
QualificationsThis position requires an active membership as a Soldier in the Army Reserve before a start date can be set. To learn more about minimum qualifications to join the Army Reserve, visit http://www.goarmy.com/reserve/jobs.html POSITION IS ANNOUNCED AS A STANDING REGISTER (OPEN CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT):
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
- This position is subject to random drug testing.
- This position requires an annual medical examination.
- This position requires a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- This position requires a Personnel Security Investigation.
First cutoff date to evaluate candidates will be November 30, 2022 at 11:59 PM. Application packages received after this date will be evaluated at a future cutoff date to be determined based on the needs of the agency. Application packages must be complete at the time referral certificates are issued. Final application disposition will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period stated in the announcement.Who May Apply: US Citizens
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element)
: Ability to do the work of a(n) Motor Vehicle Operator ~ without more than normal supervision. Applicants must meet the screen out to be considered further. To meet the screen out, applicants should document the ability to do the following: Operate wheeled vehicles to include forklifts; perform preventative maintenance to include checking fluid levels and tire pressure, and perform basic warehousing tasks - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Physical Effort: Performs work on hard surfaces and in work areas that require the worker to stand, stoop, bend, and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Works at a rapid pace for long periods of time. Moderate physical effort is used in operating hand and foot controls when driving, turning, stopping and starting the forklifts and motor vehicles and in raising, lowering and tilting the forklift loads. Frequently lifts and carries supplies, material and equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Working Conditions: Subject to working outdoors during periods of inclement weather. Is exposed to serious injuries while operating vehicles over public roads and on the installation. Works on concrete floors and in drafty areas. May be exposed to fumes, fluids, dirt, battery acids, etc., resulting in bruises, cuts, burns, and skin irritation. Wearing of hearing protection and other safety equipment is required during all periods of exposure to hazardous conditions.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Logistics Career Field position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary is based on local prevailing rate.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- New Army Reserve Military Technicians may be authorized moving expenses to their first official duty station. To be eligible to receive moving expenses, you must be a newly appointed Federal civilian employee or have a minimum of a 3-day break in service from previous Federal civilian employment.
- This position offers a $5,000 recruitment bonus to individuals who are newly appointed. You are considered newly appointed if this is your first appointment as a Federal Government civilian employee or if you have a minimum of a 90 day break in service from a previous Federal civilian position. You may qualify with a break in service of less than 90 days only if your previous Federal civilian appointment was a time-limited or NOT a permanent appointment. Your recruitment bonus will be made in one lump sum of $5,000, after you have entered on duty. This bonus requires a one year service obligation to the Army Reserve Military Technician Program. If you fail to serve the specified period, you may be subject to repay the agency recruitment incentive.