RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will conduct on-site audits and surveillance (on ship and within production shops and at offsite vendors) of installation, fabrication and testing activities.
- You will consult with SUPSHIP project office personnel and Contractor construction supervisors on quality related matters.
- You will conduct studies, evaluations and analyses of information to determine possible cause and resolutions of quality problems.
- You will attend routine and special meetings for ship key events and other meetings such as critiques, fact-findings or quality problem resolution meetings.
- You will act and participate in the meetings as the SUPSHIP representative on quality matters.
- You will conduct evaluations of the Contractor's quality procedures and installed/fabricated hardware.
- You will be responsible for assurance of quality in a wide scope of shipboard fabrication, installation, and testing processes where the end product must meet definitive and performance type specifications as related to construction and overhaul.
- You will monitor the application effectiveness of controls and methods and adjusting quality activities as indicated by quality trends or conditions.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-09)
or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector leading quality assurance inspections, assessments, reviews, audits, or surveillance of contractor operating processes, procedures, or performance to ensure compliance with established quality control requirements for shipbuilding projects or constructions.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Quality Assurance Series, 1910, Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR): https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1900/quality-assurance-series-1910/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. EducationIn lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information. Additional information
- successful completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree with major study in quality assurance, statistics, mathematics, production management, industrial management, computer science, engineering, engineering technology, physical sciences, textiles, or another field related to the position; -OR-
- successful completion of three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent degree with major study in quality assurance, statistics, mathematics, production management, industrial management, computer science, engineering, engineering technology, physical sciences, textiles, or another field related to the position; -OR-
- successful completion of an LL.M. degree that is related to the position being filled; -OR-
- a combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
All qualifications and requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf ICTAP Applicants:
To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating in the highly qualified category (score 85) or higher. ICTAP candidates must provide copies of all of the following documentation at the time of application: 1) agency notice; 2) most recent performance appraisal; and 3) most recent SF-50 or notification of personnel action that includes position, grade level, and duty location. Applicants who do not provide this documentation will not receive consideration as an ICTAP candidate. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/career-transition/ Military Spouse Preference applicants will be placed at the highest grade for which they have applied and are determined Best Qualified (BQ). A BQ military spouse possesses knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies comparable to others who meet the competitive referral criteria for the specific position.PPP applicants will be placed at the FPL, if determined Well Qualified (WQ). To receive priority consideration, the FPL must be the same grade level or equivalent of the retained grade or the grade held immediately prior to separation.
Applicants rated ineligible on this vacancy announcement need to reapply and update their application package to be considered on future vacancies filled through this announcement.
Applicants selected and hired on this vacancy announcement need to reapply to be considered on future vacancies filled through this announcement.