Antonin Scalia Law School Classification:
Public Relations & Mktg Spec 3 Job Category:
Classified Staff Job Type:
Full-Time Work Schedule:
Full-time (1.0 FTE, 40 hrs/wk) Location:
Arlington Telework Friendly:
Yes Pay Band:
Salary commensurate with education and experienceRestricted:
Yes Criminal Background Check:
Yes About the Department:
The National Security Institute aims to be the intellectual powerhouse supporting a robust American national security posture-dedicated to incorporating a realistic assessment of the threats facing the United States and finding real-world answers to hard national security questions- and we also strive to educate the next generation of leaders. About the Position:
The Policy Associate is responsible for supporting various NSI policy programming efforts, including events, publications, and outreach, as well as a wide range of operational and logistical tasks. Responsibilities:
- Supports the development, marketing, and execution of NSI policy events, roundtables, and conferences;
- Engages with experts and other speakers, updates and maintains NSI websites, and designs communication material;
- Books and promotes media opportunities for Institute experts and supporting the execution of NSI's social media and press strategy;
- Assists with the publication and dissemination of NSI research, advocacy papers and other written materials, as well as supports the coordinating of NSI's Congressional and Executive engagements and partnerships;
- Engages with NSI leadership, staff, and experts, as well as media, government officials, and the general public; and
- Supports NSI team with other tasks and projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Some public policy experience;
- Strong database experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Superior skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent organizational skills, with the demonstrated ability to independently juggle multiple programs and priorities effectively;
- Ability to interact effectively with persons at all levels, including high-level officials and academics, in a professional manner and in different settings; and
- Self-starter, highly motivated and detail-oriented.
Instructions to Applicants:
- One or more years of public policy experience.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for the Policy Associate, National Security Institute
; complete and submit the online application; and provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. Posting Open Date:
November 13, 2023 Open Until Filled?:
YesMason Ad Statement
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason's diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.Equity Statement
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.Campus Safety Information
Mason's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/