Division of Enrollment Management Classification:
GMU Worker Job Category:
Part-Time / Hourly Wage Job Type:
Part-Time Work Schedule:
20-25 hours per week Location:
Arlington Telework Friendly:
$18 per hour Criminal Background Check:
Yes About the Department:
The Mason Student Services Center (MSSC) is the first stop and the central resource for information and solutions related to registration, enrollment, financial aid, billing, academic records and other student support services. About the Position:
The Mason Student Services Center is seeking a part-time Triage Assistant. Triage Assistants provide essential information, aid in navigation of online resources, and answer questions for perspective and continuing students, their families, and the university community in one or more of the areas served by the Mason Student Services Center including Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and the Office of the University Registrar. The primary function of this position is to operate in the spirit of advocacy on behalf of the student. The primary goal of the Triage Assistant is to remove barriers to student success by helping the student manage business-related University processes. The Triage Assistant must effectively address student concerns and requests, while proactively anticipating additional issues. A successful Triage Assistant is a motivated individual who loves research, problem solving, and most importantly, helping students and their families reach their educational goals.
This a non-student wage position. Current Mason students are not eligible to apply. This position is located on the Mason Square (Arlington, VA) campus. Working hours are 20 -25 per week, with a pay rate of $18 per hour. Responsibilities:
- Assist and provide excellent customer service to customers in a front-facing environment;
- Analyze information received from customers and evaluate results to choose the best outcome and solve problems;
- Understand and effectively communicate university and other applicable policies and procedures to students and their families;
- Understand and follow proper escalation and referral processes to home offices;
- Provide first-level technical support to customers;
- Utilize a case management system (Salesforce) to troubleshoot, analyze and track customer inquires;
- Handle complaints and resolve conflicts while maintaining a professional manner;
- Refer unsolved customer inquiries to the designated departments or areas for further investigation; and
- Perform duties in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Positive, proactive attitude;
- Strong communication skills;
- Works well under pressure;
- Works cooperatively within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work independently;
- Adaptability to change; and
- Microsoft Office experience.
Instructions to Applicants:
- Higher education experience; and
- Previous customer service experience.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for Mason Student Services Center Triage Assistant (WG1GMU)
; complete and submit the online application; and provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. Posting Open Date:
November 13, 2023 For Full Consideration, Apply by:
November 30, 2023 Open Until Filled?:
YesMason Ad Statement
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason's diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.Equity Statement
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.Campus Safety Information
Mason's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/