AARP Foundation works to end senior poverty by helping vulnerable people over 50 build economic opportunity. Our approach emphasizes equitable outcomes for populations that have faced systemic discrimination. We serve all people 50 plus and their families. Through vigorous legal advocacy and evidence-based solutions, and by building supportive community connections, we foster resilience, advance equity and restore hope.
Community Outreach and Employment Assistant Manager assists in the supervision 8-12 office staff in the administration of the program that serves an average of 180 participants daily and 250 participants annually, within a defined geographical region. Ensures interactions with program participants are non-discriminatory and in accordance with employment law and AARP, AARP Foundation and program policies and procedures. Responsibilities
- Provides programmatic and administrative assistance to the Project Director in the responsibility and accountability for the effective management of the local project site
- Responsible for site compliance with the federal regulations governing the financial & administrative conduct of their daily operations.
- Assists in managing any satellite locations (urban and rural) in accordance with federal regulations, grant requirements and program policies and procedures.
- Trains or oversees training of site staff and prepares/oversees preparation of site performance, financial and other required reports. Ensure prudent expenditure of grant funds on payroll and administrative needs
- Conducts job workshops and motivates participants to participate in job search activities, to take advantage of training activities, and to actively seek unsubsidized placements.
- Implements various recruitment strategies to ensure enrollment levels are met and hours paid expend allocated payroll budget.
- Recruits non-profit and public community service host agencies in which to place participants. Monitors 50 to 80 active host agencies to ensure that participants are given adequate training and supervision and that they are working in a safe environment.
- Develops and/or collaborates with other organizations (private, public, and non-profit) to provide additional training opportunities for participants, including specialized training and on the job experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible management experience, including 1 year supervision of staff and 2 years of budget management; or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position.
- Experience working in an environment with complex administrative or regulatory procedures
- Proficiency in creating PowerPoint presentations, entering data and pulling reports from databases, and using contemporary software packages. Also, ability to perform basic to intermediate level of computer/technical troubleshooting.
- Must be willing to travel within the assigned geographical area.
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferred.
AARP will not sponsor an employment visa for this position at this time. Additional Requirements
Compensation and Benefits
- Regular and reliable job attendance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships
- Independent judgement in evaluation options to make sound decisions
- In office/open office environment with the ability to work effectively surrounded by moderate noise
AARP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others. Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.