Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for managing multiple project managers simultaneously and providing reporting on programmatic activities to WiFi leadership. Individual will be a representative of TekSynap and must maintain a professional presence during meetings, team chats, phone calls, events and have the ability to "read the room" by keeping the staff on topic and understand the importance of addressing relevant information with the audience.
- Manage project managers, work with individual project managers to establish plans and goals for each project.
- Ensure changes in work under this contract are not implemented before written authorization or a contract modification is issued by the Contracting Officer.
- Set objectives, assign tasks, and agree to timetables for achieving intermediate and overall goals.
- Ability to evaluate, improve, and implement process improvements in efficient manner without interrupting customer mission.
- Coordinate management, planning and reporting for large scale, geographically dispersed missions.
- Review dates to ensure that projects remain on target within scope and on budget.
- Provide a detailed Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM) for managing the program and individual task orders.
- Review contracts for supplies and services necessary for delivery of equipment, software, operation, installation, and completion of the project.
- Review TekSynap, client, and partner purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices for completeness and accurateness prior to submitting.
- Review direct report timesheet, expense reports for submission.
- Coordinate any project changes, problems, issues with stakeholder that would affect the project schedule or any of the deliverables.
- Provide Analysis Reports documenting solutions recommendations.
- Review process and procedures for Continuous Process Improvement based on day to day operations and feedback provided by customers, vendors and employees. Continuously provide updated documentation.
- Listen to others, empower the experts in the field to bring ideas to the table, maintain an openness to thought processes and mentor the next level of leadership.
- Continuously review organizational structure to accommodate current projects and future work.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Program Manager and ten (10) years of experience as a Project Manager.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent.
- Experience in leading multiple concurrent and highly visible projects to include scheduling, financial reviews, contract and project status reports.
- Experience managing a large, diverse, remote team consisting of multiple functional groups.
- Demonstrates calm demeanor while working under pressure, against deadlines with high profile client.
- Ability to establish a good rapport with executives, members of leadership, customers, vendors and employees.
- Ability to pass VA background investigation and obtain PIV credential.
- Dedicated home office space with reliable internet and phone service.
We are seeking a Senior Program Manager
to join our team supporting VA Wireless.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Telework
- Type of environment: Home office
- Noise level: (Low, Medium, High)
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Travel: At least 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be U.S. Citizen
Ability to pass VA Background investigation and obtain PIV credential OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.