Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Shall support IT planning and procurement strategies for IT projects. This support shall include, but not be limited to, planning and research, and analyses of planned work to determine cost, scope, and schedule of project.
- Conduct expert level development and engineering analysis of IT projects managed by the ITMS. This support shall include, but not limited to:
- Expertise and support on system development methodologies and best practices, development operations of large-scale IT projects; agile development strategies.
- Performance analysis and effectiveness of CJIS development processes.
- Implementation plans for new processes.
- Analysis of network, computing, storage, and software solutions for the CJIS SoS.
- 8+ years of experience with software development and delivery processes emphasizing communication and collaboration between product management, software development, and operations personnel.
- 8+ years' of the following: Experience with the following: SOAP UI, XML, SQL, JSON, NEIM, and experience with the more advanced features of both Microsoft (MS) Excel and Adobe pdf
- Create and maintain tools/files to include, but not limited to: Maintaining the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) summary tool, create and maintain a set of software. Examples include, but may not be limited to:
- Update and maintain the UCR XML to Flat File Conversion tool. This is the tool that converts XML submissions back to flat files to be processed in the legacy UCR system. The contractor shall update the tool to accommodate any NIBRS Technical specification updates.
- Excel tools for data validation tools and others used to streamline current and future business processes/workflow
- Maintain and create a set of data validation tools to assist with verifying the legacy UCR reports match the new UCR reports.
- The contractor shall provide technical expertise to contributing agencies with the implementation of the Use of Force system and data collection.
- Provide expertise and support development and implementation of new crime data reporting system to include:
- Creation and implementation of data collections.
- Operations and maintenance support for the current and new crime data system
- Support system formulation, business rules and reports. Any expertise provided as the government formulates requirements that relate to any future opportunities shall be subject to the company's Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI) plan for this program.
- Provide general technical support to include, but not limited to, technical support and assistance with files, publications, fillable forms, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Secret Clearance
We are seeking a Development Operations Subject Matter Expert to join our team supporting the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Clarksburg, WV
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Top Secret Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.