Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Training Team Lead directs day-to-day activities for a team of training instructors and web-based training specialists to deliver training on an analytic workbench application in all modalities, and across three security domains (unclassified, secret, and top secret) to customers across NGA and the National System for Geospatial-Intelligence. The lead works with NGA College and associated NSG training organizations to incorporate NGA standards for curriculum into program material, and with the NGA Human Capital Directorate (HCD) to incorporate curriculum into continuous learning.
The Training Team Lead oversees and has ultimate responsibility for:
- Execution and management of the Training Program, and associated statistics, performance, etc., web-based training, and mechanisms for user feedback and collaboration.
- Maintaining training materials, maintaining documentation, and creation and maintenance of the collaboration website.
- Provision of web-based training. Design and implementation of training curricula.
- Tailoring of training to tradecraft and provision of on-site training.
- Provision of classroom training. Development of training curriculum based on NGA training standards, personnel demographics (career, education, etc.), and required workbench modalities.
- Highly motivated, self-learner, and technically inquisitive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- One or more industry certifications related to training and workforce development are highly desired, such as:
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP)
- Certified Instructional Designer (CIDs)
- Certified Online Training Professional (COTP)
- Adobe Certified Professional: Adobe Captivate (2019 Release)
- Certified E-Learning Specialist (CLES)
- Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM)
- Certified Virtual Classroom Facilitator (CVCf)
- Proven experience in managing training teams, preferably in the context of training development for enterprise-level software applications
- BA/BS with 5+ years; MS with 3+ years; PhD with 0+ years' experience
- Familiarity or experience developing training on multiple security domains (unclassified, secret, and top secret)
- Strong understanding of instructional design principles and adult learning theories
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Background in GEOINT tradecraft and/or modeling is a plus
- Knowledge of principles and applications of gamification is a plus
- Active Top Secret/Sci government clearance
We are seeking a Training Team Lead to join our team supporting our NGA customer on a new program in Reston, VA. This once-in-a-generation program will put a 21 st century analytic workbench in the hands of intelligence and GEOINT analysts. Successful applicants will help to facilitate widespread application of machine augmentation and automation and contribute to deployment of an intuitive user-focused set of services to capture, manage, and automate analytic mission and workflow expertise.
TekSynap, a "Fast 50" technology company in the Washington DC area that offers technology solutions to federal, state and local government agencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Reston, VA
- Type of environment: Office and Remote
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday, with the ability to flex (9/80 schedule, e.g.).
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship
Clearance requirement: TS/SCI, eligible for CI Poly OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.