Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Technical Documentation Specialist will assist cognizant staff and leadership with the creation, writing, editing, formatting, and maintenance of key contractual and technical program documents, including contract data requirements list (CDRL) deliverables. These include:
- Quality Control Plan
- Systems Security Plan (SSP)
- Sustainment Management Plan including Contract Transition Plan
- Agile Development Management Plan
- Architecture Documentation (DoDAF views, e.g.)
- Test and Maintenance Environment Documentation
- RFC Impact Assessments and Technical Reports/Engineering Analysis
- Training Materials, including User Documentation and User Guides/Materials
- Contract Funds Status Reports (CFSR) Including breakdown of costs associated with each of the system components
- Program Management Review/Business Management Review (PMR/BMR) Agenda and Presentation Package
- Kick-off meeting presentation/documents
- Risk and Opportunities Management Plan
- Configuration Management Plan
- Payment Report
- Experience with the creation, writing, editing, formatting, and maintenance of CDRLs
- Ability to collect and interpret technical data or information and coordinate layout for publication
- Ability to create and publish technical documentations and manuals
- Active TS/SCI clearance
We are seeking a Technical Documentation Specialist to join our team supporting our NGA customer on a new program in Reston, VA. This once-in-a-generation program will put a 21 st century analytic workbench in the hands of intelligence and GEOINT analysts. Successful applicants will support our program management office (PMO) on a program that contributes to deployment of an intuitive user-focused set of services to capture, manage, and automate analytic mission and workflow expertise.
TekSynap, a "Fast 50" technology company in the Washington DC area that offers technology solutions to federal, state and local government agencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Chantilly, VA
- Type of environment: Office, Remote
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday, with the ability to flex (9/80 schedule, e.g.).
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship
Clearance requirement: TS/SCI, eligible for CI Poly
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.