Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for effective provisioning, operation, installation/configuration and maintenance of systems hardware/software/related infrastructure. Provide technical support, guidance and hands-on delivery in the planning, implementation and ongoing operations.
- The Systems Engineer shall participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Ensure that systemhardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values andregulatory requirements. The Systems Engineer shall document specifications, project plans,
configurations, test plans and results.
- Depicts complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; communicates project objectives, scope and status to project teams.
- Five (5) years of overall professional experience in the engineering field.
- Five (5) years hands-on experience with enterprise SAN (Storage Area Network) management to include capabilities and technologies such as: Fiber Channel zoning, FCoE
(Fiber Channel over Ethernet) unified fabric, HBA/CNA (Host Bus Adapter/Converged Network Adapter), storage controllers, and LUN (Logical Unit Number), RAID (Redundant
Array of Independent Disks), and file sharing / NAS (Network Addressable Storage).
- Five (5) years hands-on experience with enterprise hierarchical storage system management
- Three (3) years hands-on experience with Brocade DCX backbone switches.
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience working with DLA IT systems.
- Security/Certification Requirements:
- Clearance: SECRET
- One of the following active IAT-II or higher
- CASP CE
- CCNA Security
- CCNP Security
- CISSP (or Associate)
- One of the following active Computing Environment:
- Dell EMC Information Storage and Management (DECA-ISM)
- Hitachi Vantara Qualified Professional - Storage Administration
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA)
- SNIA Storage Networking Certification Program (SNCP)
- EMC Data Domain Specialist
We are searching for a Systems Engineer (SAN Engineer) to join our government project with Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Dayton, OH;
- Type of environment: Office Setting
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10% travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Secret Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.