Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Tech Central Planning Lead
We are seeking a strategically minded leader, analyst, and top notch problem solver to provide financial leadership to partners across FP&A. Responsibilities will include analyzing current financial results to identify and address business issues and opportunities, communicating trends, results, and operations to partners and leadership, and providing transparency on costs and drivers. This team will work to track financial results and trends of the Tech & Digital organization including model & analytics creation, consolidation of results, and overall coordination of various financial and business processes. Role requires strong customer focus and partnering abilities, attention to detail, problem solving, strategic thinking, executive level communication, and influencing skills in order to effectively:
- 'Tell the story' of financial results and forecasts for the Tech & Digital organization
- Articulate outcomes of analysis, along with relevant insights and recommendations
- Partner with finance and business leadership to assess the financial implications of ongoing efforts across Tech & Digital
- Communicate business and analysis results to senior leadership audiences
- Manage and coordinate various business activities for Tech & Digital Finance
- Applies integrative thinking skills to current challenges and opportunities facing Capital One and the broader financial services industry
- Accurately analyze & explain key cost drivers and annual financial trajectory, provide strategic insights and suggest actions to business and finance partners
- Drives multiple projects by providing thought leadership and working closely with highly specialized subject matter experts across lines of business
- Identifies opportunities to solve problems at scale, leveraging technology to automate and streamline processes
- Manages, coaches, and develops direct reports
- Communicates analytic insights through clear, high impact, "executive-ready" presentations - Develops analytic frameworks to solve critical questions and guide strategic decision making
- Leverages sound business judgment and logic to evaluate analytical results and formulate recommendations which include supporting rationale
- Builds relationships across the organization by partnering with peers and senior leaders throughout the company
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- At least 4 years of experience managing a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master's Degree in Finance
- 12+ years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- 10+ years of experience managing a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function
- 10+ years of people management experience including both direct & indirect reports
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).