Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Associate, Commercial Accounting We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the Commercial Bank Accounting team as a Senior Associate focusing on accounting, financial analysis and process improvements. The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. The team member should also possess strong written and verbal communication skills. The team member would be a self-starter responsible for managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment. This person should have a passion for improvement and finding solutions in coordination with business partners.
- Prepare and review accounting-related activities, such as journal entries and reconciliations, and support and prepare external SEC and regulatory reports, including documentation and presentation of results to management and senior leadership
- Ensure accounting and reporting practices and documentation are performed in accordance with corporate policies and procedures
- Manage deliverables and processes on a daily basis to meet key deadlines
- Perform periodic analysis and reporting of financial performance for stakeholders and management within necessary deadlines
- Respond to requests from Finance and key business partners, associates throughout the Controllers group, Operation teams, and external and internal auditors
- Support automation efforts of team's processes to help drive efficiencies, enhanced controls, and/or improved accuracy and quality of deliverables.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to management
- Provide support for audit, risk and compliance groups when necessary
- Bachelors' degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in accounting, external financial reporting, audit or finance, or a combination
- At least 2 years of experience with Google Office or Microsoft Office products, or a combination
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- At least 2 years of experience in accounting, external financial reporting, audit, or finance, or a combination
- Experience with data analytics, data visualization (Tableau, Python, SQL), or a combination
- Experience in the Financial Services industry
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).