Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Manager Platform Engineering - WorkDay
Do you enjoy solving technical issues, empathize with customer user experiences and want to keep up with the latest tech? We are looking for a lead for our PeopleTech Workday and Salesforce Platform teams. You will work with talented software engineering and support teams to deploy, maintain and ensure reliability of our applications and platforms in a fast paced environment. The person we are looking for:
What You'll Do:
- Has a strong sense of ownership and actively listens to others
- Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and a burning desire to learn
- Is self-driven, actively looking for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Isn't afraid to innovate and challenge the status quo
- Is excited to work with a variety of different and changing technologies
- Has great communication and problem solving capabilities
- Values technical documentation
What you'll need:
- Oversee a team for design, implementation and execution of platform level changes, configurations and upgrades, release and change management processes for the WorkDay and Salesforce platforms
- Manage the WorkDay tenants/environments and Salesforce Orgs in an efficient manner ensuring that both support and project teams have the environments needed to perform their duties effectively
- Maintain cost effectiveness in user license management across the platforms with deeper understanding of the usage
- Prepare and manage the implementation of WorkDay and Salesforce updates into production working with the wider WorkDay and Salesforce application teams, product owners and vendor as necessary
- Manage, grow and maintain vendor relationships to ensure there is an open line of communication for upgrades, patching and support.
- Maintain expertise on new functionality/features/capabilities in WorkDay, and Salesforce wider industry and technology trends
- Guide your team to run robust testing and release processes to prevent bad changes entering production environments
- Maintain security model and established controls for WorkDay and Salesforce and manage response to audit requests along with your Security subject matter experts
- Supervise the Data & Integrations team to ensure that data and integrations are providing an excellent level of up time and data incidents are performed with a high-level accuracy
- Safeguard global standards and principles against competing requests and priorities
- Champion recommendations for continuous improvement to offer competitive advantage for development teams to build applications on the platforms supported
- Exceptional platform management experience in a complex environment with WorkDay and Salesforce experience a bonus
- Outstanding ability to design and run efficient robust processes that provide the right oversight while being flexible to changing demands
- Understanding of security architecture and audits
- Excellent technical understanding of SAAS platforms including integrations and data
- Team leadership, mentoring and management of internal and outsourced teams
- Strong ability to lead, inspire, engage, and coach a diverse team and create an inclusive culture
- Delivery focused, with high energy and drive, and ability to deliver through others
- Strong cyber, risk awareness skills and management of risk
- Creative solutioning and strong problem-solving skills with agility for fast, scalable and simple solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with superior presentation and written skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to mentor new team members from wide and varied background
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 8 years of experience in Software or Platform engineering(Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 4 years of experience in Workday or other HR Platform Management
- At least 4 years of people management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in executing projects with HCM technologies
- 7+ years of people management experience
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
- 2+ years of experience in salesforce software engineering
- Workday HCM Certification
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $195,200 - $222,800 for Sr. Manager, Platform Engineering
San Francisco, California (Hybrid On-Site): $206,800 - $236,000 for Sr. Manager, Platform Engineering
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).