West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Manager, Risk Manager - Controls Specialist (Card)
Do you want to be part of an organization that's dedicated to helping Capital One identify, manage and effectively mitigate risk - for our customers, our communities and our associates? Working with talented associates, you'll provide oversight and effective challenge to help ensure that our businesses effectively manage operational risk. You'll also bring your unique perspectives and experiences to foster a more rigorous, curious, and creative environment and to drive strategic solutions.
Risk Managers in Card Data Management are highly motivated Risk and Data Management professionals with excellent organization, problem-solving, influence and communication skills. These individuals will have the opportunity to make sure that the US Card organization is not only in compliance with data standards and practices but also producing high quality, consistently usable data.
As part of the US Card's Data Management team, you will apply your analytical, risk management, data management, and process management skills to support the adoption and compliance of the Data Management Strategy. The successful candidate will become part of a team of Card Data Controls Professionals who oversee and execute formal controls that manage data risk across the US and Small Business Card organizations. This role plays a critical part in ensuring that the organizations are compliant and well managed across the Data Lifecycle.
As a Control Performer, you will work with the data producer and data engineering communities specific to critical data priorities such as High Priority Data Usages (Enterprise Data Risk Management), Data Ethics and Privacy Office (CCPA & any other consumer privacy legislation), Cyber (CETP - Cyber Event Tech Program). You will support requests from Internal Audit or External Regulators in regard to control-related performance and artifacts. Managing our data is a critical priority for the Card organization and this role specifically will ensure appropriate controls are in place, maintained, and performing at or above required thresholds, which will provide assurance that our data is adequately governed.
A Card Data Risk Manager has the opportunity to influence data management practices on modernized, cloud-based data platforms and drive automation of manual or hybrid controls to achieve Data Management strategic objectives and reduce data risk. A successful candidate will:
- Lead analysis on risk information to gain risk insights
- Consult on initiatives, business objectives, processes, risk events, controls and/or monitoring
- Design, test, and facilitate implementation of internal governance processes and formal controls
- Develop ad-hoc analysis, deep dive investigations and drive specific risk initiatives as needed
- Identify issues and track defect resolution or improvement outcomes
- Manage projects and lead work streams that support project and/or team objectives
- Identify opportunities to streamline, automate and enhance our data governance practices, processes and controls
- Perform gap assessments and create recommendations to ensure progress towards organizational adoption of data management transformation
- Support execution of 1st line of defense assessment of risk and compliance with data management practices and processes
- Coordinate with 2nd line of defense advisors, external auditors and regulators to address audit and exam requests
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 3 years of experience in Data Management, Risk Management, Compliance or Audit
- At least 2 years of experience in Project Management or Process Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree
- 4+ years of experience in Data Management, Risk Management, Compliance or Audit
- 3+ years of experience in Project Management or Process Management
- 1+ years of experience with Google Suite
- 1+ years of experience performing data analysis
- Certified Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).