Westat's 11-week summer internship experiences will be hosted virtually, or on-site at our U.S. office-based locations. Our interns can expect to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
The program will begin on Monday, June 3, 2024, and end by August 16, 2024. During the summer internship program, you will be assigned a project deliverable and will present during the final week of the program. You will also attend educational programs and networking events.
This position will be remote and U.S. based. The pay rate for this role is $20/hr.
We are seeking an intern to join Westat's dynamic, award-winning health communication team. The successful candidate must understand content creation, partnerships, and social media. Experience in communicating with diverse populations, including children, young adults, and underserved populations preferred. Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct research, identify, and engage partners and support outreach activities.
- Conduct research and develop content on a variety of health topics.
- Support social and traditional media outreach.
- Schedule project meetings, prepare agendas, and provide meeting summaries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently a senior or rising senior enrolled in an undergraduate program in journalism, communications, public relations, or public health (with concentration in health communications).
- Some experience providing communications and partnership engagement support for public health/healthcare agencies and implementing social media strategies on current and emerging social platforms.
A cover letter is recommended.
We encourage students attending minority-serving institutions (HBCUs, HSIs and TCUs) to apply.
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.